LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Deposit of tds to itd

Hi experts, My brother is serving as a junior lecturer in a college, recently he has received a notice from ITD that TDS is outstanding for three years(Mentioned assessment years). Thereafter he persued the case with the college management, management replied him that all the TDS dues has been deposited to the ITD on its due dates and there are no lapses at the end of management.In this situation what he should do. Please examine the issue and guide me accordingly. Thanks

 1 Replies


Obtain TDS Certificate in Form No.16 from the TAX Deductor for all the 3  years which will provide you required particulars like name and address of the deductor, name of the deductee,PAN,TAN of the deductor ,PAN of the deductee,amount of credit,amount of TDS deducted,challan No.& date of deposit of Tax to IT dept.etc. 

visit the incometax india website by using the PAN of the dedutee and verify the details in visiting to the FORM 26 AS in the respective assessment years vis a vis TDS certificates of the relevant years.Then you will come to know where exactly you stand.You can also file online return / contact the ITO of your WARD/ ITP/ CA and take  uitable sguidance to proceed further.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query