LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

meeta ahooja   26 January 2023

Denial of complaint copy to the accused

An inquiry has been ordered against me based on a complaint by a colleague. However the organisation, a central government office, has ordered a inquiry against me but are not providing me with a copy of the complaint. I need to know any Rule which specifies whether copy of the complaint can be provided to me or otherwise.

Learning

7 Replies

Javed Ansari (Senior Partner)     26 January 2023

Ordinarily you should get the complaint copy alongwith the notice of inquiry

Sreeni (Retd)     26 January 2023

If they initiated any action basing on the complaint,you can certainly ask for the copy of complaint to defend your case.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     26 January 2023

You can obtain it using RTI.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 January 2023

It is your right to have copy of complaint, if it not provided at own, submit written demand. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 January 2023

First of all RTI is a rout to get a document which you are otherwise not entitled.

Father copy of the complaint is not to be attached to Inquiry notice rather it should be available before hand alongwith the chargesheet.

Your post lacks clarity.

1.      Whether any chargesheet has been issued by appointing authority under rule 14/16 of CCS (CC&A) Rules.

2.      If so whether this document is discussed in Annexure.II

3.      If so whether that document is listed in Anneuxre.III.

4.      If so whether such persons is listed as a witness in Annexure.IV

You query is silent as to what is the allegation and at what stage the case is.

game seo   31 January 2023

As Run 3 is known :  In most cases, you are expected to get a copy of the complaint in addition to the notice of investigation.

P. Venu (Advocate)     31 January 2023

What is the nature of the inquiry? Is it an inquiry under Rule 14 of the CCS(CCA) Rules? If so, what is the stage of the proceedings?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register