LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dvfakecase2021   05 October 2022

Defending against a quash petition filed by wife

Throughout my married life, my wife had pressured me to invest money in her name. Once a significant sum was accumulated, she moved out of matrimonial home last year and then filed a false DV case. Then she sold all the investments (mutual funds and stocks mostly).


I ended up in filing a private complaint and an FIR u/s 406, 420 IPC is registered in the local police station. She has now gone for a petition in Bengaluru High Court to quash the FIR .


While there is a SPP objecting the quash, I am considering to appoint an advocate to represent me. What can I expect in the fees to defend my case for this quash petition?




 6 Replies

Sourav Das (Advocate Supreme Court of India)     05 October 2022

Talk to local advocate

P. Venu (Advocate)     05 October 2022

Are you a respondent in the said petition before the High Court?

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     05 October 2022

Consult a local lawyer if you are a respondent in the petition filed by your wife.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     06 October 2022

Fees of a lawyer differs from an advocate to another, depending upon various factors sucn as status and standing (fame / expertise) of the lawyer you have selected/ engaged, your fincancial status / paying capacity etc..

You will have to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts / documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding to defend you. 

SUMAN CHAKRABORTY (7278624428) (Legal Practitioner)     08 October 2022

If she made you as opposite party in her quashing petition then you may appoint a lawyer to appear before the Hon'ble Court on your behalf and to participate in the whole proceeding.


Suman Chakraborty (7278624428)

Advocate, High Court, Calcutta

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     09 October 2022

fee of lawyers varies and thus engage one whose fee you can afford.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query