LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dhanasekar (Advocate)     10 October 2014

Defamation suit

Respected Experts, a victim who has suffered a lot by 498a and he has been intentionally implicated in 498a who has no involvement in such things as per 498a. as a family member, he had been implicated in the 498a case. the Case has come to an end now. My questions are 1. Is he entitle to file a suit for defamation 2. Where to be filed such Suit.. I.e In which court... Thank you very much indeed

Learning

2 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     10 October 2014

1.n case you have been acquitted  in such 498-A case then you have an option to either file a civil suit for defamation and seek compensation or file a criminal complaint u/s 199 Cr.P.C. before the District J.M.(F.C.) alleging the accused for giving false information with an intent to cause a public servant to use his lawful power to the injury of another person and dishonestly making a false claim in Court and criminal defamation which are offences punishable u/s  182, 209 and 500 of I.P.C. respectively. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 October 2014

detailed reading of acquittal order may be needed or somone to see if defamation is made out or not.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register