LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lnmr babji   02 January 2024

Defamation case against lender's family

We want to file a defamation case against the lender's wife who made derogatory comments on my sister-in-law. Here is what happened.

After 5 days of death of my brother, 4 lenders came to house and one of the lender's wife has made comments like- my brother took poison pill and commented it as suicide even though the death is caused by stroke. Also she mentioned in a disgusting way that in village all the members are talking that my sister in law had an affair with some one. She made the comment  4 or 5 times even though my sister in law is crying incessantly. It took 3 months for her to slightly recover and go to work. All this incident was captured in an audio clip. It has been 3.5 months till the incident occured. Whether we can use the evidence of audio clip for framing defamation case against the lender's wife? The same Lender has filed a civil suit for borrowed money(promissory notes). Whether we can use the audio clip against the promissory notes case that has been filed by the lender. Please provide guidance.

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 January 2024

The audio clipping is not admissible as primary evidence in court.

However, on the basis of witnesses, your sister in law can file a defamation case against her for such utterances made in public with intention to defame her.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register