25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raja   06 December 2016

Defamation case

I am a woman working in government organization, one of my relative is fighting divorce case against his wife. His wife has confusion that i have affair with his husband. That lady file a RTI at my workplace for knowing my personal information like my parents address, my address, my mobile or land line number, my parent's mobile number. My organization rejected her application as it was for third party information. she again file a complaint in my office that i have married her husband, she use word characterless lady in her complaint. similar complaint she sent to police station. She has made my life miserable. What legal action i can take aginst her. what she is saying a complete lie.


 3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 December 2016

You can file a defamation case on her. Give a notice to her before going to the court. 

raja   06 December 2016

what is maximum punishment for defamation, can i sue her for mental harassment and trouma i went through.

sai narayana   06 December 2016

If it's criminal defamation, she will be punished. If it's a civil defamation, fine will be imposed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query