LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

LaxmiNarayan (Self)     15 March 2023

Deed of settlement

My Grandmother gave one property to my father with the virtue of deed of settlement while father's son(me) was just born with 3 years of age and minor. Grandmother got the same property by the sale deed with grand father's money .

Whereas Father's others brothers have got grand father's property and established  so grandmother provide her sole  property to my father with 100% share and my father does not got any of my grand father's property .

Now this property consider in which category   is that  ancestral or self acquired by my father. can My father disown his son and sale freely the property without son's concent.

Is there any inheritance right present for son in this property which grand mother gave by deed of settlement to my father mentioning as other brother got grand father's property. While son was a minor and three person ware alive.  Now my grand mother passed away with nearly 20 years. Please suggest the legal right for the son in the above case. Is this property ancestral in nature or it is father's self acquired category .

Learning

1 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     16 March 2023

Prima facie it is a question paper with confused facts.

Redraft clearly if it is a real story for consideration and obligation of experts on this platform

Or

It is appropriate to consult a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents and professional guidance, if tyou feel strong to have legal advise..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register