LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohini (Home maker)     16 September 2015

Dead reptile in food object

TIME PASS - BRITANNIA was purchased from BIG BAZAAR with a dead insect embedded inside.
I visited the food safety officer and he asked me hand over the sample with a written complain of the issue above.

I handed over the bill , response recd from the company officials , store incharge. 

I am now confused as he says that the sample of the biscuit with cockroach will not be returned and the lab observation can be used to file a case against the  consumer court.

I am now confused that should i hand over the sample to the food safety officer (to ban further sale of the above biscuit) or not and then file the case in consumer court suing the company for damages.
Should i else do it vice versa - File a case in consumer court and request the court to inspect the biscuit and start investigation with the biscuit company in behest of judge's advice post filing the complain with consumer court? 


 1 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     16 September 2015

you may directly approach the consumer forum by filing you complaint against the manufacturer. since, the dead reptile was inside the biscuit. hence, Big bazaar is no where in knowledge of it, subject to the packet was duly intact at the time of purchase.


you need to produce the copy of the purchase bill, wrapper of the packet co ntaining the batch no., biscuit piece containg the dead reptile and seek order from the court for lab test.This would surely help you to fight the case.


Adv. Rohit M. Dalmia




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register