Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pradeep (na)     29 August 2012

Daughters right of fathers movable

Dear Lawyers and Advocates,

Dad passed away few days back, all immovable property is willed to mom. There is cash of about 30,000 in few backs and deposits. I have advised Mom to put these monies in her bank for medical use. My sisters are asking share in the money (but they are thinking Dad has lot of money in bank). Dad has few mutual funds and shares all nominated again in Mom's name.

Does mom stand any suit from my sisters ? I am looking after Mom after Dads' end, I am well to do and can look after her on my own. Dad's house will be rented and rent will be into Mom's account. Does Mom has to give any share to anyone  ?

Thanks & Regards

Learning

5 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     29 August 2012

as her own wishs,  your sister could not claim

Pradeep (na)     29 August 2012

Thanks Mohammed Ali

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     29 August 2012

Though your sisters cannot claim anything in the immovable property, they can stake claim in the cash in the bank account, mutual funds though they are nominated in favor of your mom.

Pradeep (na)     30 August 2012

Thank Madam for your valuable inputs.
I thought the money can be used to take care of my mother.....

Akansha Singh (Law Manager)     30 August 2012

All those assets of your father deposited in Banks etc. can be solely claimed by your mother under the will in her name if such assets are also mentioned in the will. In order to avoid any dispute by other daughters/legal heirs of your father a letters of administration/ probate may be obtained in favour of your mother from the Competent Court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register