LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sonia_kumari (lecturer)     03 February 2013

Daughter's share

Please advice our course of action. My maternal grandfather had  3 sons  and 3 daughters. His eldest daughter remained unmarried. She has always stayed with my grandfather. My grandfather left a will stating that a portion of the house was allocated to my grandmother and my eldest unmarried aunt. The 3 sons could stay in the house but not give it on rent or gift it to anyone or sell it until my grandmother and aunt lived. 2 years after he passed away, all sons deserted my grandmother and aunt and my youngest married aunt and her husband moved into the house and have been looking after them since. My grandmother passed away last year. Now the 3 sons have got together and trying verbal and even physical abuse to evict my married aunt, claiming that they want to move into the property and will look after my unmarried aunt.

We know that my mother's grandfather's ancestral property elsewhere was sold off by my grandfather and the money used in the construction and maintenance of the disputed property. Is it possible for my mother and aunts to claim a share in the property on this basis? What would you advice us in this matter? We shall be very thankful for your valued advice.

Learning

1 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     03 February 2013

see your mail box

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register