LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

samar ranjan pradhan (propietor)     11 February 2015

Daughter's claim on fathers property

My father in law is selling property without taking consent of my wife & his other siblings. The properties are in his name, though it's ancestral. can my wife and her siblings cease to sell other properties in future and moreover can she claim compensation those are already sold.

Learning

6 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 February 2015

Let all children may join together and file a suit for partition, possession, damages and consequential benefits through a local lawyer.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     11 February 2015

Sir,

If the properties have come to your father-in-law by virtue of a WILL, they are his absolute properties, and he can sale them.

Please make sure the legal status of the ancestral properties before taking any action in the matter.

Good Luck,

Kishor Mehta

kvss.prabhakar rao (Advocate )     12 February 2015

If it is self acquired property of your father , your father can sell the property with out your permission. But you have option to stop the attitude of your father.   File DVC case by your mother and obtain prohibit orders from court some it will help stop selling away

Baiju Mehta (Prop.)     12 February 2015

Without consider any Law , I suggest you to let your wife discuss this matter with her father very  transparently. This may give the positive response. Your wife might  have received things and money during her marriage with you. Be satisfied. Take care of your own property and your Father's property. maintain good relation with every one. Money is not everything. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 February 2015

This may not be ancestral property in the hands of your father in law since it is already on his name (as per your own statement), if that is the case, your wife cannot legally claim a share or right over the property  during his life time.  He can dispose them in the way and manner he may choose and desire.

samar ranjan pradhan (propietor)     28 February 2015

I have checked the records, all the rights of prorperties have transferred after his father's demise in the settlement. . there are no wills is involved. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register