Dates are same in 498/125/divorce


Dear All LCI members,

                                      My brother is victim of 498/125/divorce. He is going to attend court date twice or some time thrice/months for about 500-600 Kms one side.

Main thing is that he is going with mother (old age-61 years).is there is any way, that all said cases date are samples guide me:-

1.       Are all dates are possible on same day?

2.       What is the procedure for the same to reach at session court of high court?

3.       What is the approx. cost advocate will demand?

4.       What are % ages, of this type of order? Court can give this type of order or not?

5.       Pls is there any loyal lawyers in Chandigarh High Court ?


Waiting for your positive response.





      Hello dear,

Yes,  your brother/ his attorney can certainely request the concerned Court, for fixing the case for the same date for which other case/ cases is/ are fixed. If the family court, where 125 Cr.P.C. (maintenance) case is put-up, is also situated in the same court complex, it will certainly be of immence help.

Anil Kr. Bhatnagar ( Advocate) Mobile : 09871716363

New Delhi



Dear Querist

I completely agree with Mr. Anil


Apart from you may file application on the behalf of your mother ( Medical Ground)  for dispense with personal attendence in court hearing .


Thankx Deepak ji, I have filled said application-- but next date is replied by 2nd party.


 File on next hearing date . Nothing to do with reply 


In matrimonial cases like 498A, DV, 125, Divorce if only husband attends its just fine. Exemption application can be filed for each date or permanent exemption can be filed.


Judges are liberal to accept exemption application of all other respodents/accused if husband remains present in the proceeding.


**This is my personal exp. as husband fighting similar cases :-)


yes, you can request the concerned court to post both the cases on the same date, or file application on behalf of your mother pleading to exempt her from attending the courts on ill health or medical ground. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x