LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikhar   29 January 2022

Cyber notice - lien marked

I received one email two days back from my bank with attachment of notice. It states my account have been lien marked due to Cyber Notice from Bangalore on 25/01/2022. Upon asking to the bank, they only indicated that they can only provide contact details of Cyber Bangalore and nothing else. I called Cyber and they said to visit office. I can’t since I live overseas. I am unable to find out the reason behind the lien as no one helping to provide any details. If someone can guide me the step by step procedure to move ahead? It is distressing to receive such notices even though I can't see any wrong doing. The lien amount is so high that such transactions hasn't done in my account ever. 

Learning

13 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 January 2022

You can approach banking ombudsman officials. One can file a complaint with the Banking Ombudsman simply by writing on a plain paper. One can also file it online at (“click here to lodge a complaint”) or by sending an email to the Banking Ombudsman. There is a form along with details of the scheme in the  website. However, it is not mandatory to use this format.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 January 2022

File RTI Application soliciting such information from the bank with Rs.10/-as RTI Fee in case of PSU Bank and simple request letter under CP Act soliciting information as follows:  (no fee if it is the private sector and the client is a consumer under CP Act)

Information solicited:

1. Please provide certified copies of all those correspondence based on which the account was frozen and the laid down norm by the Bank for freezing the account.

P. Venu (Advocate)     31 January 2022

Yes, you can take up the matter with the Ombudsman.

Lovish Mahendru   03 July 2022

Hey i have the same issue can you tell me is it resolved or not? If yes how did it got resolved 

My Name   19 October 2022

My father is facing the same issue. He got a lien on his account in Kotak and Axis bank and we have been told to go to Bangalore Cyber Crime police station for more details. Has any progress been made in your cases so far? What did you do and was the issue fixed?

Aditya@123   28 March 2023

I also face same problem bro. how,you revive from it.

Himanshu   10 April 2023

Hi all, 

I see my icici account amount of 14000 was freezed when i called cus care they said it lien marked by Maharashtra Police, also I never did any exact 14000 transaction debit or credit in my account which is out of my awareness,I got no intimation no notice no email about this and here I see my own money is freezed, I went to nearby branch they referred me cyber police, I went cyber cell, they said we don't have this reference number in system, ask back to your branch manager, someone told me it is bigg scam going on where they lift account details from P2P paltforms, and make complaint after this they call the victims and pursue them for sum amount to get that complaint back or removal. Now I wasted my three days just wondering how I am going to overcome with this issue where no one is actually helping. Why they don't have reasons or comment on my account activities, one side it takes only few minutes to open an account and it takes days Or decades to solve an issue. Really helpless 

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 April 2023

The best option is to approach the High Court in a Writ Petition.

ProGaming with Vicky   03 May 2023

yr issue solved? same happend with me now!

aman singh   22 July 2023

HI, I'm facing the same issue where my amount is in lien by MH Police but I don't know the reason what can be done for this please advice.

Talha Ansari   26 August 2023

Hi me also facing the same issue i have an saving account in INDUSIND Bank where my 37000 lien by karnataka police i didn't received any mail or any notice i got the details from my bank branch the person who filed an complain i got his number and mail i texted him he told me you are fraud but i make a payment to you then i ask if you did payment then show me so offcourse he won't be able to show he's doing scam then he asked show me your transaction i gave him my last three months then he didn't see any entry of 37000 then he blocked me not replying my calls or anything if i didn't received any particular amount close to 37000 not an single then how they can lien my own amount of 37000 bank is not even helping their customers not anything i go to the local cyber crime of lucknow they denied me for any kind of help then where should we go for any lead where this issue can resolve scammers are doing scam and they are free but person who is genuine his own money get lien 

Ding Gangte   02 September 2023

I am also having the same issue here. I was told to contact Gujarat Cyber Crime Department and I was also given the contact details. But i could not reached out, I even sent email to the concern department and i got  no response as well as the contact number is not working.

I need help. 

ishika prasad   22 February 2024

i am an advocate practicing in this particular area since last one year, helped more than 150 clients to get their account defrezed and remove lien marked on their bank account due to some defected amount diposited in their account. if you need help do connect me at ailegalsolution@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register