LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AJain_India (Law Student)     29 September 2012

Cyber evidence

I entered into an agreement to purchase a property through an online advertisement. The seller has suddenly got greedy and asking for more money since he is aware that i have misplaced my documents. 

the online advertisement where he posted the price, property details, etc are still online and i want to make it a legal evidence just in case the matter goes to the police or the courts.

1. how can i ensure that the evidence is admissable in the courts

2. there is a chance that the seller may delete the evidence/ advertisement if he comes to know that i am planning something like this, so how can i protect or complete evidence against deletion 

3. can the print out of the advertisement be denied in the courts, since print outs/ non authenticated documents be challenged as valid/ genuine.  

Learning

1 Replies

manpreet Singh (student/LO)     03 October 2012

Hmmmmmmmm a bit tricky...

1) Cyber evidence such as print outs are admissible in courts  .... primarily as secondary evidences . 
2)  Keep the print out ofthead, Save itsimage .... with the current date and time when u save it... show it to a responsible person who can testify for u .... 
3) Alone print out documents dont aveuch validity but u can strengthen them .. getthem certified by Gazzeted officer etc by showing them the site etc. 
Best of luck.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register