25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Fabian (...)     13 October 2011

Criminal case under section 29 ndps act and governemnt job .

Hi ,

I am accused by the state of Himachal Pradesh under Section 29(Read with section 20 ) NDPS Act for criminal conspiracy and abetment .(small quantity)
im gonna provide some facts :

My friend and I went to Kullu valley for a vacation ,my friend who is a habitual marijuana smoker bought some marijuana (50gms) for himself .
There he was caught with the drug and cudnt bribe the cops .The substance was found on him and i was merely present on the spot .I was also implicated in the case for having prior knowledge of the substance found on him ,we were presented before the judge who gave us immediate bail .

We have taken the charge of the case and pleaded innocent ,now our first trial is next month ..

Now i have three questions :

1) I have brilliant academic record and im a civil services aspirant ,,i m going to appear in an interview for Govt services next month ,,and the interview form requires me to furnish details of any case pending or convicted ,will there be any problem in joining the services if the case is still pending ??

2) My friend who is accused under section 20 for possession of cannabis is sent to australia by his company and is in no hurry to get the case over with ,,,So can i get a separate trial date ,,since he wants the next trial to be in april ..

3) Can the judge exonerate me of the crime under section 227 of crpc in the very first trial .

i have little legal assistant .The lawyer thr at kullu court are totally incompetent and are just trying to make money ,, they have little sympathy for me ,,sorry for such a long post but im really in despair ,,


 2 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     14 October 2011

Dear Fabian'

1. When you furnished information then informed them about pending case, if after that they offer the job then dont worry about it.

2. yes, the court can start trail against you seprately.

3. according to section 227 Crpc the court have power to discharge the accused at first hearing.

1 Like

Fabian (...)     14 October 2011

Thanks nadeem sir,,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query