LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jayanta (Service)     01 October 2009

Credit card related

Dear Sir,

I have been using Andhra Bank credit card over 5 years without single default instance.Rather I maintained credit balance. Now inspite of my several representation, they are not revalidating card.What are the recourses available to me.

Please advise.





 7 Replies

Amardeep Srivastava (Senior Law Officer)     01 October 2009

Dear Sir,

Holding credit card is not a right and therefore the bank cannot be compelled to renew your card.



sreedhar (advocate)     01 October 2009

Dear Jayanta,

You cannot claim any legal remedy for enhancement. It is upto the Bank to decide whether to enhance or not. Better switch over to some other bank by showing your credit history. There r so many other banks are willing to issue annual free cc.

J. P. Shah (RTI & CONSUMER ACTIVIST)     01 October 2009

Bank should convey U reasons for not renewing your credit card. It cannot be arbitrary, it being a public sector bank. U may pl visit its website and write to Nodal Officer, at its Head Office. In case if the bank still does not cooperate, U can resort to RTI by visiting my jps50 files on RTI.

Ankush Secret (Unemployed)     15 October 2009

Dear Sir/Madam,

My question is that my father was having a credit with some MNC Bank and had dues of around of 2 Lakhs till Jan 2009, at that time I was in an another state for education and was not aware of the card.

My father unfortunately expired in Feb 2009 and now the bank is threatening me to take legal actions against me. I am currently unemployed. I dont have money to pay their debts. What demage should I accept and I should be prepared of. 

Can I be sentenced to Jail and what could be the consiquences of the legal actions that they are going to take against me regarding the outstanding credit card payments of my late father.

Please advice me because I am in mental tension.  

Asheesh (Propreitor)     24 November 2009

Dear Sirs/Madam,

I was using Credit Card of a reputed bank. On Aug2006 they have debit some wrong transaction which I objected on billing cycle and later they reversed the same after 2 months. But they charged Late Fees and Interest for short payment. I tried to solve the matter but lastly since Aug 2007 I am not using the card. All genuine purchase payments has been done. There was outstanding of Rs 2000 at that time which was disputed because of Late Fees and Interest which they have to reverse. Bank Is still sending the bills and charging late Fees and interest and currently statement is showing 12000. I have all proofs with me to justify that I am at no fault. What action the Bank can take ?? Or should I file the case against them. If so in which court- Consumer or other. Pl advise.

Pankaj Kundra (Advocate)     09 December 2009

Dear Mr jayanta

I agree with the views presented by Mr Amardeep and Mr sreedhar .. there is no requirement by the bank to provide any justification for not issuing a credit card as it rests on the sole descrition of the bank




I.S.Roy,Advocate (Advocate)     02 April 2012

Dear Jayanta

   You did gross fault that you never committed fault in payment. This type of credit card business encourage  to the customers who regularly commit default and pay penalties. This is one type of notorious psychological game business of legal extortion 

with regards

ISRoy, Advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads