LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikash Sharma   23 June 2017

Credit card debt in hdfc

Hello there, I have unpaid debt of Rs 83000 from HDFC credit card which I am struggling to pay. The bank called me yesterday and agreed to settle loan with an amount of Rs 65,900. Out of which, they said 9000 will be first installment and I have to give them seven cheques of Rs 8128. But, my financial situation is not good and I can pay only Rs 4500 per month. Can I ask bank to do the same? What is my option If bank doesn't agree with this and threatens me to take legal action against me. I want to know what are my rights! I am reluctant to resettle loan but unable to pay installment more than Rs 4500 per month Regards, Vikash Sharma

Learning

4 Replies

Alee aliyana   23 June 2017

Would i be able to request that bank do likewise? What is my alternative If bank doesn't concur with this and debilitates me to make lawful move against me. I need to comprehend what are my rights! Please Write My Essay UK I am hesitant to resettle advance however not able to pay portion more than Rs 4500 every month Regards, Vikash Sharma

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 June 2017

Is M/s HDFC Bank communicating in writing?

You may put forward your point of view.

M/s HDFC Bank may accept or reject.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 June 2017

You have no choice.  They have to file civil suit for recovery or motivate you to write a cheque which you cannot pay so that you can be framed in criminal case whereby you will arrange entire money due.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 June 2017

Mr.Sudhir Kumar has made striking observation for you.

You have borrowed and are to pay.

In future don’t borrow if you can’t pay.

M/s HDFC bank might have already reported delinquency to credit bureau’s like CIBIL.  

Prefer to transact in writing.

If you are unable to handle seek advice from a very able local senior counsel specializing in consumer matters for a considered opinion.

Usually the Fee is reasonable.

The counsel may not charge for verbal consultation and may charge if the case is to be filed.

Your counsel may help you succeed to find faults in approach of M/s HDFC bank and defend you from harassment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register