LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raj Kushi   20 March 2020

court fee to file declaration suit

my grand father purchased a 10 gunta agriculture land on 01.02.1976 at Karnataka...purchaser paid 500 consideration amount to vendor and also paid stamp duty of 500 rupees..... but rtc not effected into the purchaser name.....now vendor and purchaser died .....my grandfather want to file declaration suit against vendor legal heirs....
now my question is whether I have to pay court fee on the present market value ?

or I should pay court fee caluculation value mentioned on the registered document ?

Learning

5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     21 March 2020

Vague, incomplete and confusing statement.

"Cosideration amount Rs. 500/- and stamp duty Rs. 500/-" is an Unbelievable statement.

it is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents, professional guidance and necessary proceeding, if your story is true.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     21 March 2020

Only a local advocate can help, as every state has it's own stamp act, prior to 205, due to incorrect interpretation of full bench of AP High Court, courts insisted for court fee on market value, but after SC has interpreted the clause correctly courts are admitting declaration suits based on the value shown in the document.

Let the handling advocate or registry persons guide you properly.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 March 2020

The court fee for the proposed declaration suit is to be filed as per the current value of the suit property.

Shashi Dhara   02 April 2020

As it is agricultural property it is Rs 25 is to be paid as court fee for declaratory suit.

Shashi Dhara   02 April 2020

Is any one denying your title or right.whose possession of land is now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register