LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr Ramesh Yadav   18 September 2021

Could she get help from police to register FIR U/s of rape and cheating.

In 1989 a single mother was raped but that time in returns of that rape the rapist got married with her to save himself from the Law. During there marriage life the person use to have natural and unnatural s*x with her and now in the Year 2014 he left her by saying that she is not his wife. We stayed in live in relation. But here no such written agreement was prepared between them. Kindly suggest could she get help from police U/s of cheating and Rape ?


 5 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     19 September 2021

Subsequent to marriage the partners became husband and wife and no case of "rape" can be slapped at this stage. What is your locus standi and concern if it is not a time pass question?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 September 2021

Contact a local advocate with such evidence that establish false promise and such marriage if any to explore possibilities of filing a complaint. It depends on facts and circumstances backed by evidential records that establish marriage to avoid rape charges etc. You can contact local women voluntary organizations and seek their help or approach National Women Commission for a remedy.
1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 September 2021

In the given circumstances, the lady can seek maintenance.

Dr Ramesh Yadav   19 September 2021

P.Venu Sir, being a single mother her first husband was drunker and characterless person so she left him without legal formalities. And after that she started staying with present man and now present husband is saying that second marriage is not valid because first first husband is not divorced her. Second husband now taking benefit of law but the woman is cheated by second husband now what she can do. will police help her

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 September 2021

Now you are tweaking the facts reducing the query into a riddle!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register