LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravindra (Analyst)     15 November 2011

Correct me if i m wrong

Hi All Yesterday I recived DV sommon. In tht my wife has not mentioned about 5 tola gold (which she has not given to me) nor other thing which she has mentioned in Chargesheet.

As per my knowledge DV case is for recovering all the things which wife gives to her husband and also for maintanance and Residence. But in my case FIR and DV Sommons are two different. She only said that she has harrassed for to bring more dowery and she has claimed Rs 15000 maintance and Rs 5000 rent.

Can any one help me abt this tht whether it will be helpful for me or not.

Well my lawyer told me tht u have to say in court tht "there is no qution of mentianance or residence coz i m ready to take back her". Is it good to say in court. (I really dont want to take back her)

Plz advice..


Ravindra Sonavane


 8 Replies

Arvind Sehdev (Advocate)     15 November 2011



Ever heard of a Term Rope-a-Dope ?

In competitive situations other than boxing, rope-a-dope is used to describe strategies in which one party purposely puts itself in what appears to be a losing position, attempting thereby to become the eventual victor.

Take a step back and then move forward........  first get out the mess you are in and then take your step....

Currently don't aim to win.... Just aim to compromise..... otherwise she has a lot more in her arsenal... Like 498a [Dowry] ............ Trust me once this process starts there is no stop......

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     16 November 2011

YOur understanding of the things is not correct.


Every man takes the same defence but still gets slapped with maintenance.


Do you have the right lawyer is my question?



Shonee Kapoor

MOHAMED RAFI (Secretary)     16 November 2011

Well advised.HATS OFF TO YOU SIR!

ravindra (Analyst)     16 November 2011

still i m confused with my lawyer. my lawyer told me tht we will not show your recordings in DV case will show in 498a. can anybody help me is he right.



ravindra sonavane

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     17 November 2011

Not unless we see the recordings, we can comment on its admissibility.



Shonee Kapoor

Arvind Sehdev (Advocate)     17 November 2011

I think either you are not in sync with your lawyer or your lawyer is not in sync with the law..... As Mr.Shonee rightfully said unless we see the recordings, we cannot comment on it's admissibility...

ravindra (Analyst)     17 November 2011

Hi all

When i and my family got bail she apporched SR PI for compramise she said that she want to live seprately and hates my family. SR PI told me to meet her mother and her and settle the case. then i started recording In recording she told her intention behind the 498A. and she also said that if u r not going to listen me she is going to harrase my family more than this.  after that i also recorded some phone calles and i have original recording in mobile.  In FIR she mentioned few witness. I called them and asked when i have demanded dowry etc they  also said there intention behind the 498A and threten me if i m not going to listen them then they will harrased my family more then this. This is what i have in my recording. My lawyer also heard this recordings.

Now kindly suggest me can i show this recording in DV case.


Ravindra Sonavane

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     17 November 2011

Make transcriptts of these recordings.


They can be used to contradict witnesses, shake their credinility and can be used as defence evidence.





Shonee Kapoor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query