Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PDS (IT)     28 February 2024

Can we set up a petrol pump on commercially converted land?

Dear Forum Members,

I am considering opening a petrol pump on a piece of land in Karnataka that has already been converted for commercial use. I seek clarity on whether this commercial conversion suffices or if I need to obtain additional, specific approvals for a petrol pump.

Could you please advise on the following:

1) Is commercial conversion status enough to proceed with establishing a petrol pump, or are there specific approvals or permissions required from state or local authorities apart from NOCs?
2) In the case that specific approvals are necessary for a petrol pump, what are the initial steps I should undertake to comply with the legal requirements in Karnataka?

Any guidance or direction on the appropriate procedures, relevant authorities to contact, or necessary documentation would be immensely helpful.

Thank you for your assistance.

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 February 2024

Documents required to open a Petrol Pump in IndiaProof of land ownership or lease agreement for the petrol pump site. Land use certificate indicating that the land is designated for commercial use.

1 Like

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     28 February 2024

Yes. If you have land or a leasehold land then you can apply for a license to establish a petrol pump to IOL.  

1 Like

PDS (IT)     05 March 2024

Dear Sir, I am the land owner and I have converted my land for commercial use. I have got the LOI from the oil company already. My question is commercial conversion is fine or do I need to take it specifically to covert my land for the petrol bunk?

These questions were raised to me when I went to apply for NOC. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register