Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anubhav Singh   19 February 2024

Action against stray animals

Hi all

I live in Mehrauli in Delhi. I have noticed that some cows and other animals are roaming freely on the streets in my locality. From what I have been told, these animals do have owners but they let their animals roam freely and eat from the garbage so they don't have to pay for animals' food expenses. These animals are not a good sight on streets and often result in congestion/traffic on the road. Also, these animals poop on the streets which makes the place look filthy and smell foul. I want to know what kind of legal action or complaint can I take against these stray animals or their owners to maintain the cleanliness and hygiene near the streets of my home? Is there any agency which deals with these kinds of behavior?

In Mehrauli, stray animals are common everywhere and they make the street look awful. They have to eat mostly from the garbage which I think can be toxic to them and can be against animal rights.

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 February 2024

The local civic authorities are responsible for controlling the stray cattle creating nuisance to public.

You can lodge a complaint with the authorities concerned 

1 Like

SAM (LEGAL)     19 February 2024

https://pgportal.gov.in/

post your complaint here

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register