Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

stanley   22 January 2024

One time settlement of childs expense

Respected Lawyers,

I got divorced in 2021. Custody of my 7 year old son is with my ex wife. As per orders, I need to pay monthly an amount and also pay his education and medical insurance till he is 18 years of age. My parents are extremely old and I live with them. I am planning to move to an old age home after they pass away, which could be in the next 1 to 5 years. Also I am partially blind in both eyes and working in IT field and my ex wife is a dentist who is not working since 7 years. In such a situation, when I am in old age home, as I would not be working, how can I change the order for a one time settlement for my son. Please advise

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 January 2024

You may have to file a petition to revise the order before the concerned court based on the change in the situational circumstances supported by documentary evidences. 

1 Like

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     23 January 2024

The maintenance order for your son was passed under which Act / laws, subject matter under consideration for modification / alteration / cancellation ??

What is the opinion and advise of your lawyer who is well aware of the facts and circumstances, besides the fact s/he is an able, intelligent and competent lawyer to satisfy your queries ?

Whatsoever, I agree with the opinion and advise of learned expert Mr. T Kalaiselvan.

stanley   23 January 2024

Thank you Sir

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 January 2024

You are welcome for your appreciations. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register