LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

swapnil shamkuwar   20 January 2024

Spelling mistake in mtr 6 challan for stamp duty and registration fees

I have purchased a under construction flat. I paid registration and stamp duty and got the mtr 6 challan for the same.

In mtr 6 challan found that there is spelling mistake in surname . Instead of Shamkuwar it's Shamkumar there in Challan.

Other documents like draft agreement and index 2 are proper and no spelling mistakes there. 

I have doubt if spelling mistake in surname on mtr 6 challan will affect or cause any problem in bank home loan or while resale same property after few year?

Learning

5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 January 2024

This is an ignorable typo error, if the name has been spelt properly in all the vital documents, then this will not hamper you in any way.

1 Like

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     21 January 2024

Ignore such minor spelling mistake and be aware in other documents, especially Sale / conveyance Deed.

1 Like

swapnil shamkuwar   21 January 2024

Thank you so much Vashista Sir and Kalaiselvan Sir for your reply.  Other documents don't have any such issue. Only stamp duty and registration challan have spelling mistake in surname. If this will not hamper my ownership or will not cause any issue in bank home loan or will not cause any issue in resale in future then I will not cancel agreement and proceed further for home loan application. If bank reject home loan due to this then have to cancel and process refund then do fresh agreement and pay stamp duty and registration again.  Hope bank will approve the home loan.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 January 2024

You don't have to worry about this minor spelling error in the payment challan.

The bank will be concerned only if there is any great error in the title deed, these things are typo, hence banks will not even think about any such issue. 

swapnil shamkuwar   21 January 2024

Thank you so much sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register