Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Sec 188 ipc and govt job

Hello sir, Pla suggest me .

In an exam i mistakenly carried a headphone device(OnePlus bullet Z), it was unconsciously kept hanging in my neck and so and FIR registered against me of Sec 188 IPC.

As I was left from police station by signing a personal surety paper that I may need to appear before court in future if required.

After that 5 month have elapsed I don't have any notice/summon from police or court regarding FIR.

Even I know about FIR from my backend search. They didn't informed me of any FIR.

Now  in govt job attestation form question is asked

1.have u ever been arrested? - NO

2.any criminal case pending against you in any court of law? - NO

I have started No to both these questions as i don't have any official information from court or police

In these circumstances , is my answer correct?

Also supervision report of deputy superintendent of police clearly mention that 1.It is not a cheating device.it is a normal use hea6device. 2. Device was not connected as Mobile phone was submitted at main gate with security gurad. 3. Device has been mistakenly carried and there is no bad intention.

So I know this case will either be quashed or i might get discharge.

So plz tell will it come under suppression of fact and will this peety offence effect my job? Or will it creat problem in police verification 

P.s. I have attached the device image. Size of device itself explain that device has been mistakenly carried and there is no bad intention.

Learning

5 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     07 September 2023

If the police did not call you for the last 5 months or so, presumably there is no case against , however, it is advisable to check it from concerned SHO of PS

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     07 September 2023

Have you been offered the Govt. Job?  Have you joined the Govt. Job? In any case your answer 'No" to the questions is correct. Do not worry about the matter. Forget the whole thing. Join the Govt. Job if offered. I am myself a retired Govt. servant and I have seen many cases. Do not rake up unnecessary things.

1 Like

(Guest)

Ramani sir,

I know this is trivial mistake which unconsciously happened as anyone by seeing the device can tell that one would not carry such a big device for any malafide intention and this device is dysfunctional without phone.

But still things come up in mind if police writes about this case in background verification report that's why I am get worried and even contemplated to leave the job.

It has frustrated me completely.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 September 2023

you have been adequately legaly conousel by this foru,

this forum cannot resolve frustration/depressio issue.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     09 September 2023

Do not worry. Forget the episode. Face it if at all things come up. But be prudent. Do not mention this episode to anyone hereafter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register