Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chirag B Modi   22 August 2023

Name in passport

Hello sir/madam,

My as on date name both in expired passport, aadhar, bank, is same, but my expired passport had ECR, and the reason for that is my sslc marks sheet and degree marks sheet names are different. Now i need to get passport done again, so only different names is the issue, what am i suppose to do... kindly hrlp

Learning

8 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 August 2023

You can apply for reissue of passport. 

To have your name as one and the same to that of passport, AADHAR card and education certificates you have to follow the name change procedure i.e., s notarized affidavit,  newspaper publication to effect name change and submit the copies of them along with your application for reissue of passport. 

1 Like

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     22 August 2023

Yes.  But how did you get the passport previously if there is the difference in name in educational certificates?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 August 2023

Many people suppress the vital information while posting the queries here, hence they will get only incomplete or misguiding opinions.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     23 August 2023

It is better to correct the name in your degree certificate by following the procedure.

Chirag B Modi   23 August 2023

@kavksatyanarayana

Sir i didnot submit marks sheet at that time, hence ECR stamp was inserted. Just bank passbook, voter id. Pan card, house rental agreement and a affidavit saying that sslc mark sheet is lost with police fir, and i even taken oath for my birth date..

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 August 2023

Now the question of date of birth will not arise now.

Hence you can produce the SSLC certificate even now if that's having correct name, otherwise you can follow the name change procedure for reissue of passport, as suggested 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 August 2023

basically it is a query on procedure.  yo may contact concerned department.

Chirag B Modi   24 August 2023

Thank you very much for suggestions dignitaries, it is of great help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register