LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amar   15 November 2022

Money being not returned

Hi, in July 2022 my sister had finalized a residential flat in Vasai-Virar ( Near Mumbai) but when my sister and the flat

owner went for registration same couldnt take place due to some issue probably with the property. After finding issue with

registeration my sister demanded the owner to repay Rs 2.50 Lakh which was paid before registeration but the owner kept on

delaying and after putting pressure through local poltician, the Owner agent gradually paid 1 Rs Lakh ( Came to know that

the owner had paid Rs 2.50 lakh to their agent). The agent promised to us that he will gradually return all the money same

he also gave in writing and also gave a signed Cheque which is in agent's borther name as gaurantee
But since over a month the agent hasnt paid anything and each time he is delaying & being rude. Still 1.50 Lakh is pending

, please advise how we can revover our hard earned money

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 November 2022

You can send a legal notice to the party for recovery of money through a lawyer. then The civil remedy for the recovery of money is by way of institution of a suit in a court of appropriate jurisdiction. The suit can be instituted under Order IV of the Code of Civil Procedure 1908 (CPC).

1 Like

Amar   16 November 2022

Many Thanks for the reply 

vijay sathya   20 November 2022

file an FIR.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     21 November 2022

Your sister has been cheated by owner and agent so she need to lodge FIR against owner and agent.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register