LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KST (DCM)     07 February 2022

Gpa registration is mandatory for civil cases in senior district civil court

We have a civil case in district senior civil court on my parents name, due to health reasons I got to attend the case on behalf of them, 

My question is

1. My parents gave authorised GPA Notary made by mentioning all legal clauses to attend the case legally - Is that notarised GPA to attend the case on behalf of my parents?

2. Or GPA to be registered ?  then only I can attend the case on behalf of them

3. Do I have to submit original GPA to submit to court or I can produce Certified copy in the court, because I have other cases also

Please     

Learning

5 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     07 February 2022

Hello,

You can file notarised gpa of civil court for court proceedings. Court may ask for original gpa to be filed on record. 

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     07 February 2022

To attend,participation  submitting reply,affidavits and documents ,power of attorney requires no registration,notarized  poa will suffice the purpose.you may submit certified copy of poa .

Shashi Dhara   07 February 2022

With an application under cpc file GPA  to court  to permit to lead case on behalf of  .

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 February 2022

Your parent's counsel can guide you in the matter of obtaining the prescribed format of such POA for representation on behalf of disabled parents.

1 Like

Aryan Raj   08 February 2022

In Response to your query,

Yes, the GPA will be sufficient to attend the case proceedings on behalf of your parents. And you do not need the registered GPA to move forward with the proceedings. You will have to submit the original document to the court for authentication of the reasons for your presence instead of the principal but because there are multiple cases going on and all of them will need the concerned documents therefore an attested copy should be enough.

Regards,

Aryan Raj 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register