Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumarreddy (student)     31 May 2021

Deseased person legal heir

Hi Sir,
My brother was expired and he has 10 acre of Land on his name with title and registered sale deed. I want to know who were the class 1 heirs for him and they need to submit partition suit in the court to get the share . Please suggest.

Learning

15 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     31 May 2021

wife children and mother all comes in first class legalheirs category

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your suggestion sir. Can my mother file a partition suit to get her Share from my brother 10 acres land by including wife and his children as defendants. Pls suggest.

Try to solve the issues amicably and get her share 

Yes Sir, as suggested we will try to solve internally. If not possible I will ask her go for partion suit in the court. Thanks a lot for ur reply.

Most welcome 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 June 2021

Whether the deceased was a Hindu, Muslim, Christian or any other religion as the personal law of succession differ ?

Presumably the deceased was Hindu, his wife, mother and children shall be included to succeed him as class one legal representative, as advised by expert Mr. Sankarnarayanan, I endorse and appreciate his acumen.

1 Like

kumarreddy (student)     01 June 2021

Yes he is Hindu. Thanks a lot sir for your suggestion.

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 June 2021

Why you want to push the mother to the court against the widowed sister-in-law and the children?

kumarreddy (student)     01 June 2021

I don't want to push sir, mother want share on that property because widowed sister in law filed suit on her self acquired property. Thank You.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 June 2021

The class I legal heir of the deceased brother are his wife, children and his mother.

The properties left behind by him upon his intestate death shall devolve equally on all his legal heirs mentioned above.

If there is  dispute within the heirs, then the aggrieved legal heir can approach court of law with a suit for partition seeking equal partition and separate possession of his/her legitimate share in the property 

kumarreddy (student)     03 June 2021

Thank you sir for your reply.

Due to this dispute, my father is in a plan to  file a partition suit by keeping  all his and his sons and daughters joint family property along with my deceased brother . Is this is fine?

Or whether my mother need to file another or separate suit only for deseased brother  10 acre land by including my brothers  another two legal heirs wife and Daughter as defendants? Please suggest.

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 June 2021

Your further clarifications suggest deeper issues.  And you have not been fully honest with facts; rather you are in a mission which is less than ethical and is posting facts in bits and pieces to get suggestions that suits your convenience.

A   dispassionate view of the facts you have posted and those which you have chosen not  to post,   reveals that the property of the deceased brother, though self-earned, is still in possession of the father, not the rightful legal heirs, the wife and the children. Now the wife has approached the Court. Does not morality and equity warrant that possession,  she and the children are entitled,  be handed over to her without too many a hassle?

kumarreddy (student)     03 June 2021

Sir, please don't misunderstand, My deseased brother property legally he has sale deed but for that all the money was paid by my brothers who are doing agriculture. With the family bonding they registered land on him . Now he is no more. I think now you can understand their pain. My mother is trying to help them by following right guidelines.  If possible pls suggest for the above question regarding suit.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     06 June 2021

Filing suit is your parents legal rights. Now you got some ideas from the discussions. you can keep these all  and find a local lawyer and discuss and find more ways and file a suit.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register