Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mukesh   07 May 2021

Need urgent help plz

Hello Respected Sir

My married life is 9 Yrs old and we have 2 

Sons Elder 7 yrs and younger 3 years. It is 

Second marriage for me and my wife both. 

I am Govt Officer she is House wife. 

Now my story is-+

1 My wife always misbehave, abusing

, insults to me and my widow Mom. She always uses bad words to me and my mom and alwsys beat terrible my both Sons in little 

Age. Then he usually come out from our 

House make atmosphere in her favour and get sympathy frm neighbours. In fact they listen to her and favor her but truth is different and inside of house. I nvr did any bad behave or beaten like that coz I want to live life happily whatever she has habits. Next she calls her parents frm other District who came to my home take her Police station and threatened me by Police officers and still I'm silent coz I m seeing to my sweet masum kids. 

Next she go to her parents house with her parents, stays there for 1 months and come back to my home and getting over confident she repaeat her cruel behave and repeat all actions police, insult to me in my colony, sympathy of neighbour go to parents home and back to my home and after few months all cruel behave repeatedly again. 

I m facing this tension fir last 8 years but nvr think negative to my married life. 

Now -- last 10days back she again went to her parental house without any reason LEAVING MY SONS AT MY HOME AND RETURNED BACK FOUR DAYS AGO AND TOOK MY SONS WITH HER. 

This is happening for last 8years.

Now I wanna your valuable advise plz-

1 I want Divorce with my Wife. 

2 I want Custody of kids Sons ages 7 and 3

3 if I don't take any action she will come back again and will do repeatedly manner . 

4 Can I file Divorce application on the ground of Cruelty or other ground

5 Can she claim for Maintenance under CRPC 125and other Ailmony in any section

6Can I get children custody. 

PLZ SUGGEST ME SIR I M SUFFERING FRM GREAT TENSION IF KIDS MOM GOVT JOB ETC

Thx 🙏🙏 Kumar

Learning

7 Replies

Kaustav Sen   07 May 2021

First you go to police station and do a general diary against your wife, draft everything thing in that what ever she has misbehave with you. before she could take action against your special ly for domestic viloence and as well as divorce charge and main thing she will claim for maintenance, she can charge you 498 against you, so it's better you do a general diary, no need to worry , it will be a proof for you. and also before submitting gd to police station do a Xerox copy of that , and then submit and take a receipt from police station.
1 Like

Ishaan   07 May 2021

Firstly, it is advised that you keep calm and consult a divorce lawyer and elaborately explain the facts of your case. It is also suggested to file an official complaint of cruelty and torture against your wife. Filing a complaint with the police and using all the evidence you have against her should seriously be considered.
the Supreme Court expressed its views on cruelty, in the case of, Samar Ghosh vs. Jaya Ghosh (2007 4 SCC 511), as the court observed that “We have reached a certain conclusion that there cannot possibly be any complete and comprehensive definition of “mental cruelty”, which would cover all the cases relating mental cruelty. No court in our opinion should even attempt to provide a comprehensive definition of mental cruelty. As this concept varies form facts and circumstances of each case”.
According to Section 13(1) (ia) of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, cruelty (be it mental or physical) is a ground of divorce.
You can also claim that your wife is unfit to take reasonable care of the children and request for a complete custody. But it should be noted that both the parents have an equal right to custody of the child in India. 
Whoever gets the custody of the children, however, is an issue which the court decides upon. The court make every effort to strike a balance between the two, all the while considering the welfare of the child as utmost importance. Nevertheless, just because the custody of a child has been awarded to any one of the parents, it doesn’t mean that the other one cannot see or be in contact with the child. The Courts in the country are very rigorous to make sure that a child gets the affection of both the parents. The other parent gets rights to visit the child, the conditions, however, are determined by the court. 
In India, there have been various cases where the court has instructed the wife to pay the alimony or maintenance her husband. In July 2014, a family court in Gujarat ordered a woman, Rajvinder, to pay alimony to her husband Dalbir, who had accused her of physical and mental torture and the claims were found to be true.
It shall also be noted that the Supreme Court had asked the husband to pay the wife a lump sum amount as maintenance despite the fact that the husband was able to get a divorce on the grounds of cruelty by wife in the landmark case of KIRAN YADAV vs DHARAM PAL YADAV on 22.08.2019.
So, the question of alimony or maintenance depends upon the facts and circumstances of the case and how the judges decide upon it. 

1 Like

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     07 May 2021

You can file divorce on the ground of cruelty. Apart after getting summon from Court, it is expected that your wife will file maintenance application against you. Moreover you are obliged to maintain your wife. If your children are in your custody, your wife need to file custody application otherwise your sons will continue to live with you! For awarding custody, Court normally sees paramount interest of the Children. 

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     08 May 2021

Too long a story for forming an opinion and oblige. Be brief and specific

It is better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     08 May 2021

The trigger point to post here is as follows:

:10days back she again went to her parental house without any reason LEAVING MY SONS AT MY HOME AND RETURNED BACK FOUR DAYS AGO AND TOOK MY SONS WITH HER"

And this has been happening for the last eight years.

As already suggested, you may file a Police Complaint giving all the facts and also the previous acrimony with your wife and her taking you to Police Station duly explaining the reasons for your silence. Whether any of your neighbours shall speak on your behalf? Please find out this aspect as an independent witness of outsiders shall strengthen your case. Such Witnesses should not drop out after some time. The laws with regard to matrimony issues are heavily in favour of Wives only and rightly so. But, still, that cannot be exploited against the husband also. Therefore, immediately contact a local reliable and capable Lawyer and handle the matter through him and with his guidance.

As to custody of your Children, Court only can decide and Court may ask the opinion of the Child also in the Court.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 May 2021

You can decide about dissolving your marriage if it is no more possible or feasible to continue with this horrifying atmosphere with her in the name of married life.

You can mention all the events that took place from the date of marriage chronologically and vent out your grievances in the form of pleadings in the divorce case.

For the custody of your chidden, you may have to file a separate petition under guardians and wards act.

Since there are two children, and the younger one is less than 5 years, she may get the custody of the younger child while you convince the court about the custody of t least the elder one to you.

Since she is legally married to you, she is eligible for monthly maintenance amount even though she is stated to have committed all types of cruel acts against you and your mother.

You may discuss at length with your advocate and take steps immediately before she arrives at your house to thwart your attempt to file divorce case.

Mukesh   27 May 2021

Thx for yur valuable Suggestion 🙏. 

Sir 

I have filed a complaint on name of my mother. 

Quoting  actual harrasment done by my wife to my mother and childrens. 

I have included some other spicy facts in the complaint which  related to my mother and my wife. I'm not involved in this complaint to police station. 

My mother is 80 years old. I live with my mother wife 2 kids at mothers home which is parental. 

I m Govt Officer .but my place of posting is far from our home. 

For my side. 

I hv filed Divorce application U\s 13A in family Court on the ground of Mental Cruelty quoting all facts as I mentioned in my topic.. I hv inquird any FIR or other action against me at her place but nothing as on date. My application for Divorce is still not admitted processed in court due to Lockdown. But ready and waiting to be accepted by Court as soon as possible. 

I got news that she wants to come back to my home bcoz it is normal behavior for them to come and go. 

That's y I m trying to get issued summons to her bcoz I don't want to live with her and I want to Fight at ANY COST.. I want to fight to take my kids aged 3 and 7 both boys. 

Now suggest me how can I try to issue summons fast and what action she can take against me after recvng my Divorce application. 

Plz suggest me Sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register