LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bijendra Singh   27 January 2021

pension regarding

I left my central govt job after completion 19 yrs. m I eligible for pension?

Learning

3 Replies

175B083 Mahesh P S   28 January 2021

Hello,

A Government servant, who has completed five years' qualifying service and has become eligible for service gratuity or pension under Rule 49, shall, on his retirement, be granted 1[retirement gratuity] equal to one-fourth of his emoluments for each completed six monthly period of qualifying service, subject to a maximum of 16½ times the emoluments. This is as per the government’s pension rules.

Hence you are eligible.

Thank you

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     28 January 2021

NO YOU ARE NOT ELIGLBE FOR PENSION IF YOU LEFT /RESIGNED FROM THE JOB

The court passed the order on an appeal filed by BSES Yamuna Power Ltd challenging an order of the Delhi high court directing it to provide pension to an employee who resigned after 20 years of service. The HC had said that the employee was entitled to get voluntary retirement after completing 20 years of service and he was, therefore, entitled to pensionary benefits after resigning from the job.

The apex court, however, said taking voluntary retirement an ..

Read more at:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/72409195.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

2 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 January 2021

Minimum qualifying service for grant of pension to a central government employee is 20 years,, except PBOR of defence.

It is better to consult a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents and professional advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register