LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prateek   16 June 2020

Father's abusive traumatic behaviour

My father from past 15-16 years has abused me physically, mentally, emotionally and have destroyed my self-esteem, freedom, privacy, joy, hopes and dreams and my identity as a whole. In short I find him responsible for breaking my spirit. So how can i fight this abusive behaviour of my father legally? Please help. I want to add some other details which i can't post in this public forum.

Learning

6 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     16 June 2020

If you are below 18 yers of age you have to abide by as your father is your natural guradian ;he may had been hars in diciplining you that does not mean you will wage a war against him, WHen a child is asked to stop watching the cartoon show and study ,the child would call him an opressor it is like wise with you. Just respect your parents

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 June 2020

Facts posted suggest that you are no longer a minor. Try and learn to stand on your own legs.

Prateek   17 June 2020

I don't think anyone here understood the sensitivity of the matter. It is not this simple, its much more complicated. My father has broken my soul, its like i am living in a constate state of some damage or emptiness inside me. He has treated me in an inhuman way, tried to control me by threatening me and using fear of physical assault. He never clearly expressed when and why he gets angry, threatens me of throwing me out of home at random, constantly belittling, shaming me for no reason at all, making me believe that I am worthless and so is my life. He also fights with my mother almost daily, has hit her in front of me and my brother. It seems like he has some untreated mental illness which he is suffering because he regularly visits a psychiatrist. I have lived in a state of constant fear and unhappiness, trying to please him as far as possible due to his fear, have gone through suicidal thoughts and mental instability myself. That is why I am looking for legal help.

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 June 2020

No one can make anyone lose his soul, except himself. What you have stated are mere challenges in life. All that is required is that you grow up to realise this simple truth.

Prateek   17 June 2020

My father, he never behaves normally, never is at peace within himself, sometimes he has guilt trip and i have heard him saying 'I have done wrong with my children' then again after few minutes or hours, he forgets what he said and continues his abusive behaviour, unable to recall his guilty side. Agreed no one can lose his soul except himself, but what he is doing to us is also not normal, i know it for a fact deep inside me its abusive behaviour and i have been at the receiving side of his abuse and he is continuing this behaviour without any regret, very strongly and confidently, which is damaging himself as well as his family members. This to me isn't a mere challenge sir, it is definitely an emotional and mental abuse. And now I think I have also absorbed some of this behaviour.

Nandhini SR   19 June 2020

Dear Prateek

We understand your problem, Since you have mentioned that your father visits psychiatrist, first try to make an appointment with the doctor that he consults and tell the doctor the way he acts at home and how aggriessive he becomes at times.  Once you do that you will be able to figure out if your father is undergoing any mental problem. Then in consultation with the doctor look for the steps you have to take to have a peaceful living at home.  If at all the doctor confirms that your father is NOT ILL and is perfectly soundful and you feel that your father is abusing you and your family, you may register a complaint with the local police and seek their protection.  Hope this helps.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register