Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dilip   13 July 2023

Can my brothers wife demand property of father and mother in court and court can pass order to give?

Respected Sir/ Madam My Brother Wife have Married My Brother Just To Loot him and My Father's and Mother's Property. She Just stayed with my Brother About 2 Months and after she got Pregnant She went Her Mother House and Her Mother was Giving False words that She will send her daughter After Some Months and Than Later Her Mother was Demanding 50000Rs to Send her and after Born of Baby Boy she Started to To say That she will not come ever and will stay with her Mom House and File Case in Court to demand alimony & Property and the same Thing she did and now she is Giving Threatening to My brother That She will demand Fathers and Mother Property, 

My Brother Do not have any Properties On his name

So My Question is

1) Can She Demand Our Fathers and Mothers Property? and Court Passed Order to Give her?

2) What Precaution we should Take To Save Our Father and Mother's Hard Earned Properties? 



 4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 July 2023

1.She cannot claim any share out of your parents' properties as a right for whatever reason she may rely upon.She can claim a share in the property through her husband's share in the property if that property is ancestral in nature for her child al;one.

2. If she has already filed the suit then there is no necessity to take any precaution after the case has been filed, they may challenge the same on merits.

Sourav Das (Advocate Supreme Court of India)     14 July 2023

Daughter in law has no right over inlaws's property.

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 July 2023

The husband (querist's brother ) Himself has no share in the property of his father (unless ancestral) and mother.

Dilip   21 July 2023

Can She Deemand Property Of Father or Mother After his son Turned to 18 years?

Can she File case That Without her Permission and signature Father or Mother can not Hand over Properties to Us.?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More