Law schhol

which law school is best in india

govt. and pvt. both?

Learning

3 Replies

aceronedrive   22 November 2019

i am interesting and want to enter next year

Raghav Sodhi   02 January 2020

Choosing "the best" law school in India can be a difficult task, as there are a lot of factors that go in as a measuring factor for the success of a law school in India. And these factors can often be subjective and variable from person to person.

The National Law School of India University (NLSIU) Banglore has, for years, been acknowledged as the best law school in India by students, as well as, by who's who of legal education in India. However, last few years have seen National Law University, Delhi, NALSAR, Hyderabad and NUJS, Kolkata and several other law schools trying to catch up to it.

This are even more complicated when it comes to Private Law schools. They vary trumendously depending on their fees structure, location and specializations. Symboisis Law School, Pune and Amity Law School, Delhi were, until a few years ago, were considered as the best of the rest in private law school category in India. However, a large number of private law schools have emerged in the recent few years including the likes of Jindal Global Law School, Sonepat and KIIT University's Law School which have raised the bar.

Although not completely relaible, you can view the rankings by different organizations here:

India Today Rankings, 2019: https://www.indiatoday.in/bestcolleges/2019/ranks/1807534

MHRD, NIRF Rankings, 2019:https://www.nirfindia.org/2018/LAWRanking.html

1 Like

Tanishq Tandon   22 April 2021

college choice depends on how you want to lead your career! 

• 5 year Law

1. If you wish to work as a Trial or Appellate Advocate in future-  While choosing a college, go through its placement report thoroughly and confirm that they have good contacts with the district/high court. Also, check their academics rating i.e. the faculty of the college should be "expert" in their subject. You can appear for CLAT and try to get into the top six NLUs i.e. NLSIU (Bangalore), NALSAR (Hyderabad), WBNUJS (Kolkata), NLIU (Bhopal), NLUJ (Jodhpur), and NLU Delhi. Other NLUs besides the ones mentioned are in my opinion not worth it. Also appear for SLAT i.e. law entrance test for symbiosis. Symbiosis has four branches for law(Pune, Noida, Hyderabad, Nagpur). Symbiosis Law School Pune and Noida are one of the best law colleges in India. Also, apply in OP Jindal(If you are ready to pay a sum of rs40lakh[approx.] as fees), Panjab University, IPU(top 3 colleges for law i.e. VIPS, USLLS Delhi, MAIMS Delhi)
  2. If you aim to work in the corporate world

First of all, prefer choosing the course which provides you with exposure to the working of the corporate world. If you are opting for a 5-year law degree, prefer BBA LLB instead of BA LLB. Subjects like accountancy, business studies, marketing management, economics etc. help to set a base for a student who wishes to work in the corporate sector. It has been observed that Companies prefer people who have a basic knowledge of such subjects as this shorten the training part. Secondly, look at the placements of the college. Some good BBA LLB colleges are- Symbiosis Law School Pune, Symbiosis Law School Noida, NLU(Jodhpur), NLU (Gandhinagar), ILS, Chandigarh University, VIPS.

• 3 Year Law(LLB/ LLB(Hons))

Some good LLB/LLB Hons. colleges are-

i. Symbiosis Law School, Pune

ii.  Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur

iii. Law Campus, University of Delhi

iv. Banaras Hindu University

v. Panjab University

vi. Chandigarh University

Note- IIM ROHTAK is starting the BBA LLB program this year, its fees is more than around 40 lakh(without hostel/ mess fees). As it is going to be their first batch, no one has any idea if it is worth it or not. In my opinion, you should not take a risk as 50lakh isn't a small amountt.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register