LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

avniz aggarwal   16 November 2018

how to prove marriage

I started living with a men through simple ceremony ( no pheras) only garland exchange, in presence of our family member.we had a son from this relation.
but I don't have marriage certificate,any other govt. proof of marriage...
as we both are divorcee.I am using my father name every where like govt. job form, educational purpose,unemployment allownaance after my 2nd marriage.
now I don't want to live with him,
so I am filing 498A and dv 2005 against him.but from his side he is telling that marriage to huyi nhi .please guide me

Learning

9 Replies

my present husband living with another women at his own house and they have a child ,this all happen after our marriage...and that women have all certificates and his parents is also accepting her...please please guide me

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     16 November 2018

For gender laws formal marriage is not essential. Marriage like relationships are sufficient. As you have a son that is sufficient to prove marriage like relationship.

is 494 bigamy is proved against him or not

Bunty Prakash   16 November 2018

Sir, I want to marriage a girl under law both are adult, but problem is if I can marriage her family complain against me that I kidnap her daughter, what I do sir, I don't want to harassment like that, I work in kerala state, and my love live at bihar, what I do for better future, and both decision is to marry each other but I am not trust bihar police coz of corruption, so plz sir guide me how can both save our life.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     18 November 2018

If both of you are adults you can go before a registrar of marriages and get a registered marriage. If both of you are Hindus you can get a Hindu Marriage certificate. If you belong to two different religions you can marry under the Special Marriages Act. Go to the nearest office of registrar of marriages in Keralam and seek advice. It would be better if you take a lawyer with you.

1 Like

@avniz aggarwal

You can file 454 bigamy case also against him. His child with you is a strong point. You can certainly ask for compensation for the care of the child.

1 Like

avniz aggarwal   18 November 2018

but how bigamy can be proved

avniz aggarwal   18 November 2018

how can I proved bigamy

Proving a marriage is difficult. That is how most film stars merrily marry again and even publicly say that they have married (for the second time). They also get elected as MP's or MLa's.  They get gun salutes when they die. They escape because their (second) marriages are not legally valid. Also bigamy is not a cognisable offence. You have to prove two marriages i. e. your marriage and your husband's marriage to the other woman. As both of you have children you can make an attempt. File a case and find out which marriage your husband denies. In any case you will be able get maintenance at least in the name of your son  First ask for maintenance for both of you. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register