Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maximus (SE)     31 May 2014

Passport renewal

HI,
My Wife has Filed 498a, DP3 & Dp4 cases against me & my family members in 2012. We got AB and then We  applied in High Court for QUASH of our 498a cases. I'm not sure whether charges had been framed on me or not @ court. Since me and my family attended court for 2 times and immediately applied for quash, case is on STAY @ High court, no proceedings are not happening @ lower court since case is pending in High Court. Now My passport is getting closer for expiry.It expires in another 1 month. Can any1 help me whether my passport gets renewal or not.  In the renewal forum of passport, should i need to mentioned

"Provide the following details if there are any criminal proceedings pending against the applicant"

Have you ever been charged with criminal proceedings or is any arrest warrant/summon pending before a court in India? *  has NO or YES.

If i mention has YES, will renewal process gets stopped. What repercussion should i face if i mention has NO.

Which court should i ask for NOC certificate for my passport renewal.How much time it takes for renewal.?. Please let me know if any 1 has faced this situation.

Learning

4 Replies

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     01 June 2014

Dear Friend,

If you are a Govt. Employee that they will ask for NOC else not.

The best way is please take a rented house and make a rent agreement with land load. Update this address to your bank passbook showing this rent agreement. Showing this address please reissue your passport.

Never disclose this address to anybody.

Please take reference from my post from the link bellow: -

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Best-way-to-fight-against-false-498a-103111.asp#.U4rXrnbYVdg

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     01 June 2014

I disagree with the advise of Mr. Bani. If you ever get caught, you would be punished under Passport Act as well.

Better way is to seek NoC and get the passport renewed.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 June 2014

I agree with learned Advocate Mr. Shoney Kapoor's opinion on the subject issue.It is always better to disclose the facts to avoid legal problems that may arise due to suppression of fact required for issuance/renewal of passport.

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     02 June 2014

I like your name ... Maximus... coming to the topic ...there is not much difference between ever and never ... still you  in your capacity to think and take judicious decisions... you can PM me if you wish..

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register