Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mandar (Service)     30 April 2024

Disowned case

Hi, 

I married a girl of different community at 30.As a result my parents created hue and cry and disturbed our social life.It was to such an extent that every possible person in neighborhood started questioning my wife.So I got out of touch. Years later I found that they have mentioned my name wrongly along with my father's name in passport,voter card. I asked my parents to give me my credentials so that it could be corrected. I never asked money or any property from parents in all these years. In return they sent me a legal notice that they have disowned and do not have any relationship with me. But in passport how do I correct my father's name. They told me that I am orphaned. I have correct credentials only in Aadhar which I made on my own. Rest all are created by parents with wrong names. 

Learning

10 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 April 2024

If your aadhar card has correct name of your parents, then on that basis you can get an affidavit prepared for name change and one and the same.

However since it is your parents' name, they only can make an affidavit to this effect.

You got married recently but your original documents date back to your childhood, hence what is the possibility that your parents name are wrong in your school certificates  and other older documents prior to your marriage.

What exactly is your problem.?

Mandar (Service)     30 April 2024

I got married 6 years ago. I had a passport also. My passport expired and I applied for renewal. In the process I wanted to change my name as  my name reads like "my surname is placed first then my name then my fathers name".

My father's name reads like " Surname Father name Grandfather name".

I submitted affidavit also, but now passport authority is telling that they need Aadhar card of my father. My father will not give aadhar card. 

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     01 May 2024

Just file injunction suit and  seek directions from court

Mandar (Service)     01 May 2024

Injuction suit regarding what? 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 May 2024

Your problem is bit peculiar.

Without knowing the backgroundf fact it will not be of any use to advise you further.

Hence you may consult a local advocate in persion, obtain his advise and proceed as suggested.

Mandar (Service)     01 May 2024

I have not hidden any fact. My parents met my would be in laws, they had conversation and  froze a date after staying 3 days. After a few days they told the date is not appropriate. Meanwhile my mother in law had booked a venue,fixed caterer, distributed cards. So Cancellation of date was out of question. I married on same date without my parents presence. After that, problem started. There were frequent quarrels between me and my mother. My father started calling in office and told everyone at office that my wife is not good. She works in the same place as well. One day they turned up at our home without information, called  up at  my office landline that they have come to create further unwanted interest from all office colleagues. An unknown person threatened my wife that consequences will not be good. There were  tough issues between my wife and my parents. In no way they came to terms, credit also goes to my sibling who started insulting my mother in law. so I just stopped contacting them. My wife and I had become a joker in office. Our social life got disturbed. 

I didn't attend my sibling's marriage as they sent an email inviting only me. Years later, I contacted them for my name change, my degree certificate.I corrected aadhar details on own. They took away my lic policy also but I didn't ask because my father started it for me. My father kept on telling me to talk to my mother but I didn't want to as she only fights. I told that why did he do nothing for my marriage as he had ample time. Before getting into this relationship I took my friend (now wife), informed parents that I like her. They told nothing then. My father didn't take any decision, always brought my mother in between. She cancelled my marriage at last moment and I had to go alone for marriage as it was too late. 

In return he sent me legal notice that they don't have relationship with me or my wife. neither I have any right on property. I never wanted property or any money in the entire duration. I just wanted my name change as I am facing issues in official documents. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 May 2024

You consult a local advocate and take steps to overcome this problem legally as suggested.

There's no point in repeating your story without understanding the answers given by various experts here.

Mandar (Service)     02 May 2024

Sir will I approach civil lawyer or expertise in some other field? Please guide. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 May 2024

You can approach any lawyer who you feel to be experienced. 

Mandar (Service)     07 May 2024

Someone please help in the forum. I know I have to go to a lawyer but I don't know whom to approach and how to approach. Can I be suddenly robbed of my parents name? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register