LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arti Srivastava (Account Manager)     06 December 2012

Need help in getting documents back

I want to apply for the passport in bangalore. document i have with me is commercialized bank staement and pan card, i have lost my educational documents, and i have completed my education from Allahabad (UP), I have the xerox of all my document, and its not really fesable as if now for me to go to allabad and apply for new document (which is again a task),

And i ahve applied for voter id card in bangalore, but have not recived it yet, i ahve the acknowledgement.

Please suggest if there is a way to make a passport. with the documents i have.

Learning

4 Replies

surjit singh (Assistant)     07 December 2012

No there is no way, you have to produce the original document before the passport authority as regard your educational qualificaton, If you write also that you are illeterate then also it will be illegal and even if you obtain passport on such suppression of fact, the moment the passport authority comes to know of this fact they will cancell the passport and will file criminal case against you.

For getting the duplicate certificate it is not necessary to go to allahabad, you can ask for it from the university by postal communication also.

1 Like

Arti Srivastava (Account Manager)     07 December 2012

Thanks Surjit for the reply, but can you please guide me to whom i should write in board office, and i have heard from people its a lenghty process, first you have to lodge an FIR, then give an add in local & English newspaper, then go to your board and ask for the duplicate marksheet. (I dont even know to go to whom for this).

Please suggest.

surjit singh (Assistant)     07 December 2012

For filing an FIR is is very easy go to any police station with an applicaton that such and such application has been lost, get a receipt of the photo copy of the FIR.

If it is really not posisble to go to Allahabad they write to the secretary of the Board asking for the dublicate certificate. In the meantime also file an RTI applicaton to the Council asking for the procedure of obtaining duplicate certifiate for somebody who is not staying the State of UP. . When you come accross the procedure apply it. For me it will not be possible to tell you the procedure because every state council has its own procedure.

Arti Srivastava (Account Manager)     08 December 2012

Ok, i will going this way only, lets see if this works out.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register