Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Asta Pratap (NA)     08 January 2012

In laws want to file a police case against me and my parents

Hi,

Brief about me:

Ours is 12 yrs of marriage. I  am software consultant and based in Hyderabad ,while my father and in laws are in Uttar Pradesh. My father is retired and  father-in-law is senior engineer in U.P. Govt.

From last seven years, we are  living in Hyderabad. I mean,me ,my spouse and two kids.

There is sudden changes in my wife behaviour ,now, she don't want to stay with me.Being at senior level, i am most of the time busy in office and than in meetings.However ,providing  sufficient time and good life style to my family.

Problem Statement:

My in laws interfere a lot in my family life. Every day they are talkingfor long hours.  Every three months from last 7 yrs , My wife with kids fly to her parents and stay in months there .In these 12 yrs of marriage ,i did not  even hurt my wife.

There is sudden change in my wife behaviour: She don't want to come to HYD even kids have not gone to school from last 2 months..

Father-in-law threatning me that they will file a police complaint against me and my family.They are rich and having good contacts in police and politics and want to involve me in court case. I never ask any money from my in-laws, In laws used my and my wife PAN Card for purchasing many assets .My wife is houewife. I took money as loan and she gave these to her parents

My questions are:

1. Can he file a police complaint against me ?

2. Can he file a police complaint against  my parents, my parents are not staying with me from last 7 yrs? Can they make party to my parents also. My father has already received two heart strokes.

3..Can i apply for advance bail ?

4. Can i file a case against my Farter in law, for misusing my PAN card ,as he is in govt service ,he can not purchase some huge amount assets unless he is taking bribe and i am also funding and these assets. these are in my wife name ?

5. when my wife ,left in november, she took all gold ornament,which i purchased against my PAN ?Can a case filed on this issue?

6. They want to issue a TC from school ,so that both the kids can start studying from their place.Should i go ahead for the TC  issuance?

Please suggest, your advises will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Asta Pratap

Learning

8 Replies

cm jain sir (ccc)     08 January 2012

My questions are:

1. Can he file a police complaint against me ?

If you do not fulfil their demand the yes. Be catious.

2. Can he file a police complaint against  my parents, my parents are not staying with me from last 7 yrs? Can they make party to my parents also. My father has already received two heart strokes.

Yes. they can. if they want to harass you then they will do anything.

3..Can i apply for advance bail ?

If she files 498a at UP then stay of arrest from UP HC can be taken. You can take transit anticipatory bail from AP HC court as you are in Hyd.(it will be for limited period)

4. Can i file a case against my Farter in law, for misusing my PAN card ,as he is in govt service ,he can not purchase some huge amount assets unless he is taking bribe and i am also funding and these assets. these are in my wife name ?

a)Try to collect max evidence and their property details and wait for their cards to open.

b)They had taken your PAN card. The property is in whose name? Its not clear. have you signed in those docs also.

5. when my wife ,left in november, she took all gold ornament,which i purchased against my PAN ?Can a case filed on this issue?

wait for their cards to open then file theft case. Hire a good lawyer at Hyd and their native place. they will guide you.

6. They want to issue a TC from school ,so that both the kids can start studying from their place.Should i go ahead for the TC  issuance?

a)Immediately meet the school authority and give an application that you are the legal father of these kids and Tc sould not be given to anybody including you wife.(If you want child custody)

b)if you sense that they are going to file 498a then before their FIR you file divorce and child custody at Hyd court. It will help you further.

Be alert and watch their further action and act swiftly. They had gone ahead and they can do anything.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks a lot for immediate advise.

Answering on 4th questions:

a)Try to collect max evidence and their property details and wait for their cards to open.

b)They had taken your PAN card. The property is in whose name? Its not clear. have you signed in those docs also. 

Pratap: the property is in my wife name,she is a housewife and they are showing that i have given this amount to her . Actually, I am not interested to buy assets in my name upto 45 yrs.

Questions:

1. Can i file a RTI to know, where my PAN is being used ?

2. When my parents are not staying with me from last 7 yrs.How they can be booked?

Hi,

Thanks a lot for immediate advise.

Answering on 4th questions:

Pratap: the property is in my wife name,she is a housewife and they are showing that i have given this amount to her . Actually, I am not interested to buy assets in my name upto 45 yrs.

I have not signed any document and xerox.

Questions:

1. Can i file a RTI to know, where my PAN is being used ?

2. When my parents are not staying with me from last 7 yrs.How they can be booked?

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     08 January 2012

Dear Asta Pratap

In india women is very strong position in legal system, if she is against you then you can not do anything, so if you want to save you self or safe your family, immidatily informed your parents dont caal her or her parents or dont try to meet too. file a RCR in hydrabad court, send a legal notice to your wife & her parents for demanding your money if any, you give them as a loan.

feel free to call for further detailed or assistance

Self service (None)     08 January 2012

1.Collect evidences of threat, Inform ACP office of your area and keep rev'd copy.

2.Collect proof of all properties on Wife's name.

3.Send RCR notice and ask her to return back

4. Wait for RCR reply and see than take any action

Mean while keep your parents away from all dispute and no connection. Try to move battle ground to Hyderabad instead of UP.

5.Inform department of father in law about property purchace, do not worry about your PAN number - tell them it's all benami property. Start departmental complaints against father in law, with income tax complaint. keep him engaged other wise he will create problem. As soon file RCR for wife, all these will protect you.

MADURAI LAWYER (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     08 January 2012

Dear Sir,

I am sorry for your unhappy married life. Kindly feel free to contact me and get proper legal advice on phone.

https://www.jeevaganadvocate.com/contact.php

cm jain sir (ccc)     08 January 2012

with due regards to jeewagan sir,

sir their r many people suffering becoz of similar nature of charges in 498a case. We all will be happy and obliged to you if you guide us in open forum. everybody will not like to disturb u over phone. Its problem of many people as now adays it has become common to file 498a and DV if some misunderstanding or discord takes place in matrimonial life. pls dont feel bad its my request to you as an expert.

thanks

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 January 2012

If your PAN No is being used and you do nto react particularly after knowing that you are beingshown as financer. There is a ploy o frame in Income Tax case. If you do not act now be sure ytax authriteis will listen to none of your arguments as along as you PAN card is being used.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register