LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     11 June 2011

Most wanted man's film on dowry law

Filmmakers often look at their own lives for inspiration, and Suhaib Ilyasi has found pretty much everything for his debut movie in his own life. Ilyasi, widely known for his show India's Most Wanted, was charged under the Dowry Act (498A) after his wife committed suicide in 2000. A decade later, he is making a movie called 498A The Wedding Gift, and has shot 85% of the movie.

Says Suhaib, The movie is a project of blood and sweat. People always thought Suhaib Ilyasi was arrested for killing his wife Anju. But the truth is that I was arrested under the charge of demanding `10,000 as dowry. My movie is based on a section of the IPC, 498A, yeh dahej lene waalon ko rokne ke liye banaya gaya tha. But it's being completely misused these days.

He adds, It's an absolutely commercial film. Cinema ke through bahut strong messages diye ja sakte hain. It's a balanced mix. There are songs by Sonu Nigam, Sunidhi Chauhan, Shaan, etc, but the topic is serious. The lead roles are being played by Delhi-boy Harsh Nagar, and Shrishti Gautam, a class X student of Delhi's Sanskriti School. A class X student? Yes. I wanted a young and fresh face. Shrishti agreed she's a younger version of Katrina Kaif, and a wonderful performer. Farida Jalal, Alok Nath, Reema Lagoo and Deepak Tijori are also in the film.

The team is also coming to Delhi to shoot. Says Ilyasi, We are keeping the film low key, but once it's complete, I'd like to show it to LK Advani. Even such a senior politico has experienced this problem. His daughter-in-law has filed a case of dowry against him. We earlier had permission to shoot at the High Court, but it was recalled when a bomb was found outside the court.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Most-wanted-mans-film-on-dowry/articleshow/8801764.cms

Learning

21 Replies

(Guest)
WHOOOAAA!! LK Advani's daughter in law filed a dowry case against him? Fantastic! You made my day Roshni B..

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     11 June 2011

@Zeeshan

@Uma is a lady (as the name suggests) so she can never be under any probelm ever. Being a girl is such a bliss nowadays when it comes to legal battle. Though those living simple life faces turmoil with every step they take out of home like eve teasing etc.

Such Govt. does not want peace in the society but they want citizens to keep fighting with each other on one issue or other. Same practice is being followed by the Govt. since independece, sometimes on religion, sometimes on caste and nowadays on gender.

Their inclinatio to divide the society on every possible agenda is pertinent from the way the new laws are enacted and the way earlier laws are not touched. None of the law has any special provision for the accused. Once a complaint is filed, the person is labeled a convict and throughout the legal process he/she is treated like that. Why Govt. does not bring any change in the law which defines strictest of the punishments for those who lodge false cases?

//peace

/Saurabh.V

(Guest)

Yes it's amazing being a woman. The best part is that, I have not taken any money from anyone (I have been earning since the age of 16, mind you, and I don't intend to marry anybody for money - I'm single, beautiful and well settled) and a bunch of jokers with no life is just waiting on the sidelines to hurl abuse at me because I have an opinion about a crooked politician, who has incited all kinds of bloodshed and violence for his personal ends. It must have taken his DIL real guts to drag him in court. Kudos to her.

1 Like

(Guest)
As for the rest of you....why do you have to jump like mad dogs at every opinion.

(Guest)
@Zeeshan: keep barking

@Uma

What made you make your last comment? "Mad dogs" ?  This is a forum to support those in need and not to cry about your own life and the blame others for that! I suggest you upkeep the dignity and ethics of this forum!

My comments were very specific to legal battles and as per the topic of this thread. Why are you generalizing your views by boasting your own life? As rightly pointed out by @Zeeshan, no on want to know what you did in real life or what you suffered.

//peace

/Saurabh.V

1 Like

gaury..fight to win (Education)     11 June 2011

Whatever Uma wrote in her post Zeeahan used abusive words and personal comments first (Cheap, compared Awani with him)

Then Uma told her mad dog

then he again told her anath, baal mazdoor and billi.

Uma praised herself.similarly Zeesan wrote to her

I am looking for that type of girl. Do we carry on ?????

OO la la

he he he.

both are using abusive words.So both should be blamed.

1 Like

(Guest)
@Saurabh & zeshan: so you can address me by name in your posts and quote me, but I am supposed to write general replies? who the heck are you to tell me how to express my views eh?

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     11 June 2011

In summers when the tempreture is over 50 degree cent. then some time qurreal is possible !

but the words should  hv some dignity and decorum being a part of LCI.

plz. be argu don't qurreal , and in hot talk plz. don't use abuse or silly words!

(Guest)

@gaury
Don't worry I don't mind even if you blame me entirely. I expressed my views about a politician who has incited communal violence for his political ends but went unpunished. It's very likely that he abused his DIL for dowry, his utter lack of morals is proven. 

@Uma

Pls see my comments again. I said that as a lady you wont have any problem if you are in a legal tussle. I also clearly mentioned the apathy of the law that those derserving women, never avail such laws.

I don't understand your reason of anger and uproar.

Also it is still a perfect point (as unanswered), why you discussing your personal life here? Someone posted a thread about a movie and explained about some politician dragged by his DIL. How is your personal life involved in this? What does that politician has to do with your work at 16 ?

It was you who made a filthy comment by saying ".............you made my day". This is horrific to enjoy someone's pity situation. @Zeeshan responded only after your comment. It is always an option to have a free thought, but without info, you cannot rejoice on someone's poor condition. Do you know if LK Advani was really a culprit or did you witnessed cruelity on his DIL? Still made those unconstitutional remarks. Shame on you!!

In my considered view, you are nothing but uneducated, unethical, disrespectful person.

//peace

/Saurabh.V

I agree with @Sarvesh

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     11 June 2011

@ To all

BTW when the film is releasing anyone knows 

(Guest)

@Saurabh..V "as a lady you wont have any problem if you are in a legal tussle." What a simplistic view! what if I said "As a man you will always have a great time on the job, we women work twice as hard for the same money" (I can quote various statistics to support this view)
You have been going on about how easy my life is because I'm a woman...why am I supposed to take it in any other way, than your implied meaning? Oh really? Life is a cakewalk for me....money rains outside my door and judges stand up to salute me. HAHA...my comments (which you call self-praising) is nothing but SARCASM at your views that life is easy for me being a lady.  went right over most heads here. well guess what? I am not surprised.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register