LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Real life disputes shows from positive to negative

Aap Ki Kachehri with Kiran Bedi on Star Plus and ‘Rakhi Ka Insaaf’  with Rakhi Sawant Positive to negative

A STAR Plus initiative, Aap Ki Kachehri is a show that is the first of its kind on Indian television and belongs to a genre of programming that’s miles away from stereotypical GEC norms. This is part of the channel’s strategy to widen the base of its program offerings and offer its viewers pure infotainment that’s also thought provoking.

Anupama Mandloi, Senior Creative Head, Star Plus, said, “This is a programming innovation from Star Plus guaranteed to get viewers to sit up and take notice. The show is in reality a platform for real people to resolve real life disputes. The show offers a vicarious insight into neighbourly, family or spousal conflicts and aims to provide a credible and fair redressal. We are proud to announce this show and believe that it could be the next milestone in differentiated programming on GECs.”

And on the other hand ‘Rakhi Ka Insaaf’. The name itself says it all. Yes!!! We are talking about the Princess of Reality Shows, ‘Rakhi Sawant’, she is back with a bang on television, she will be seen on a new reality show, which will be dealing with social issues, with out any legal involvements in it. Sounds exciting, isn’t it! Rakhi Sawant will be seen solving all the cases, the last verdict on all these cases will be given by Rakhi Sawant. It will have no legal involvements.

MUMBAI: Rakhi Sawant has once again top the headlines for holding responsible for the death of one of the contestant of her reality show ‘Rakhi ka Insaaf’which is being aired on Imagine TV. Contestant Lakshman from Uttar Pradesh, who participated in the second episode of the show, kill self because of Rakhi’s indecent and harsh remarks on him during the show, claimed Laxman’s family.   - Info gathered from Indiamag.in

Lakshman’s family has claimed that Rakhi Sawant’s harsh words are responsible for his untimely death. Rakhi called Lakshman, ‘Napunsak’ and ‘Namard’ (Impotent) during the show, which according to his family had hurt the young man and left him into depression resulting into his death.

In the second episode of Rakhi’s Reality show, 24-year-old Lakshman Prasad Ahirwar was featured seeking solution to his troubled marriage. The case was that Lakshman had forced his wife to sleep with his uncle for money. Rakhi Sawant had termed him impotent while giving out her ‘Insaaf’ on the show and announced verdict in favour of his wife Vineeta.

His family alleged that the fellow was so upset over her remarks that he literally stopped eating and had gotten frail which lead to his death. Prasad’s family members said they would register a case against Rakhi Sawant with the police.

However, Imagine denied the charges and issued a statement saying, “From what we have gathered, Lakshman came back home yesterday quite drunk and fell sick shortly afterwards. He was admitted into hospital and passed away soon after. There has been no case of suicide/FIR registered by the local police or the hospital, which would be mandatory in a case of suicide. The hospital released the body to the family and he was cremated the very same day”.

I think this shows should be banned and we hope Rakhi will try to control her verbal attack on people and think three times before commenting anything bad!!.

Aap Ki Kachehri is a great show compared to Rakhi ka Insaaf. What do you think?

Learning

13 Replies

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     17 November 2010

"I think this shows should be banned and we hope Rakhi will try to control her verbal attack on people and think three times before commenting anything bad!!."

I agree with the above, there is no need to make the "Insaf" a cheap word.

She is fine with "Item Songs".

Kiran Bedi is beyond comparable.

(Guest)

Yes, Kiran Bedi is beyond comparable.

1 Like

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     17 November 2010

Adv. kushan, u r doing very very well here, all commendable work/postings by You. Keep it up.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     18 November 2010

people have lost faith in judiciary which teaches them the art of patience,by waiting for  justice

so they go to such panchayats like rakhi's show to teach others a lesson

rakhi sawant can go and live in a village and become mukhiya of panchayats to solvecases  and in her spare time entertain villagers with her item nos.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     18 November 2010

Roshniji,

"rakhi sawant can go and live in a village and become mukhiya of panchayats to solvecases  and in her spare time entertain villagers with her item nos."

LOL!

bilkul ..

vaise bhi wo gaowali lagti hai jo apne aap ko jeans me fit karne ki koshish karti hai...but she's very dehaati.

agar wo gao me item nos. dene lagi to waha kisi mele ki zarurat nahi paregi.

and sita and geeta will never be lost in melas.

U r correct, even she does not know what and how to speak publicly.

Anyway, "Jab Allah Meharban , Toh Gadha pehalwan",

Uske sitre uske saath hain.

Vishwa (translator)     18 November 2010

It should be obvious to intelligent members of this forum that such shows are pre-scriptttted, orchestrated, coached, edited, censored and whitewashed before being presented to the public, made up mostly of persons who have nothing better to do.The only objective of these shows is to obtain audience shares, thereby increasing advertising revenue. As for Kiran Bedi, she is known for her reforms to the penal system and her subsequent activities, though commendable, are nowhere comparable to her initial achievement.

hedevil hydraheaded (non professional )     18 November 2010

Why she should be Mukhiya of a dehat? She is being compared to a Dehati woman. What is a Dehati woaman? 

Dehati women may have more common sense and grit than urban women. How we stereotype women from the villages. Are we really educated? 

Coming to that, some of the Villages have seen very sensible development programs and thus progress of village where Dehati women are Mukhiyas( I am well aware that many many cases are there where women Mukhiyas are being dictated by their husbands, but then there are examples of good and proactive women Mukhiyas too who are well respected because of their intelligence, passion for good governance and development. 

So let us think twice before we compare any woman as Dehati woman( in a derogatory sense which is clearly visible here).

dear he devil jee,

i am not talking of dehati women's progress or regress...nor am i saying that they lag behind in any way than urban women...

i am talking of rakhi sawant's talking style....

i am sorry if i have hurt the sentiments of you.

have a good day!

Devi l ji,

Actually Roshaniji, did not wanted to hurt the sentiment of anyone, she wanted to say “Uncivilized (Asabhaya) as I got.

hedevil hydraheaded (non professional )     18 November 2010

I am not bothered if my sentiments are hurt. It is not an issue of sentiments. 

I have said it all in my previous posting.

Ashutosh ji, who said Dehatis are Asabhya? I think we need to relook into the definition of Asabhya and Sabhaya. Using the name of other communities in a derogatory fashion  is the height of Asabhyata  to me. These are the practices which stereotype a community. So let us be careful in how in what light we are comparing whom. 

Yes u are true,

Dehaties are far better civilized and sensible than anyone else. It is the rural Indian who is feeding us.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register