LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kanak   24 August 2016

Contested divorce

Hello Everyone, my wife filed false 498a, 506 and dp 34... Also she filed divorce in family Court which is contested divorce... For both the cases I have to travel more than than 600 km to just attend the cases... Now I'm tired of fighting and want to get rid of all this mess, can I say yes to divorce? I'll not accept her false allegations. Plz help


 9 Replies

Sidharth   24 August 2016

Yes, you may deny all allegations in your reply and you can also alleged some allegations on her and agreed for divorce.

for 498a you can seek permanent exeption 


You should try to settle all the cases at once. Try to convince her for Mutual consent divorce and then in the MOU itself put a condition that she will withdraw all the cases. Once the the divorce is granted you may apply in the High Court of your state to quash the FIR if any.


Rit Arora



Sandhya Srinivas (Advocate & Legal consultant)     24 August 2016

I do agree with experts opinion. All the cases filed by your wife ultimate purpose is for permanent alimony.

With effective mediation, you can settle all the cases.

All the best.

Sidharth   24 August 2016

It is very easy to say settle all the cases with mutual consent but i think querist already know about this option and he has posted this query because opposite party is not aggree on this/

Kanak   24 August 2016

Thank you so much for your valuable reply... She is not ready to settle the case on mutual consent... Now It's my evidence stage and she is delaying the process by filing unnecessary applications.. During the divorce proceedings judge advised her to go for mutual but she said she wants to continue in court with contested divorce... She just wants to harrass me by unnecessary roaming around the Courts... I have to go to Mysore from Raichur everytime... Now i got NOC from lawyer and thinking to go for party in person... I don't have money to pay lawyer.

Sidharth   24 August 2016

Appearing as party in person is the best option less harrasment, less expensive.  i am doing it for so many years. if you think you can handle the case go ahead. 

Kanak   24 August 2016

Yes sir I can handle my own case... Thank u for your support sir...

Kanak   27 August 2016

If I fight case 'in person' , after judgement of the present court can I go for appeal in Upper Court...?

Sachin (N.A)     07 September 2016

Originally posted by : Kanak
If I fight case 'in person' , after judgement of the present court can I go for appeal in Upper Court...?

Ofcourse Yes, appeal is your constitutional right

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads