New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

imroz ali ahmed (self employed)     24 April 2020

Contempt of court in civil suit

Dear sir/madam,
My mother filed a partition suit on my uncle few years back.after hearing the matter court granted temporary injuction in favour of my mother. We have submitted this injuction order to sub registrar to avoid further registrations. Recently I came to know that my uncle registered that property in favour of his daughter . I don’t know how sub registrar allowed this registration.

Now my uncle’s daughter took loan on that property and constructing a building there.

whether I have to file contempt on both uncle and his daughter or only on uncle. My advocate is saying that the contempt is applicable only on uncle and he is not willing to file it on his daughter. 

Please provide valuable suggestions


 4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 April 2020

You can go for appeal on your uncle only for permanent injunction in place of temporary injunction. 

1 Like

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     24 April 2020

Dear querist,

Yes contempt petition can be filed against your uncle and not on his daughter.



1 Like

imroz ali ahmed (self employed)     24 April 2020

Sir How to stop the sanctioned laon amount to his daughter from bank ?

shamataneja (Advocate)     27 April 2020

Yes u can file a contempt against ur uncle only. U also take out interlocutory application against the sub registrar that is public authority for violating the courts order. Shama Taneja
2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register