LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sunty (designer)     30 March 2019

Consumer court related

my client purchase a flat from builder and sale deed registered but he is not given the possession to client. i filled case case in consumer court under delayed possession. OP asked it's not the consumer case it's a civil matter of possession.. please advise.. who is right...or according which section..


 3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 March 2019

You have to give complaint to the R.E.R.A. authorities in your place. RERA Act or The Real Estate (Regulation Development) Act, 2016 has come into effect from May 1, 2017, in 13 states and union territories. With a hope to enable a transparent and efficient environment for both buyers and property developers, The allottee shall be entitled to claim the possession of apartment, plot or building, as the case may be, and the association of allottees shall be entitled to claim the possession of the common areas, as per the declaration given by the promoter.

Yes you can go through RERA or Insolvency, although contention of other party is not correct as this is a matter of defective service and default in compliance with sale-purchase agreement, you can take this reasoning to the tribunal, otherwise in these case insolvency is tue fastest remedy.


NSV VARA PRASAD   30 March 2019

Did that flat have the LP. Number or that builder has registered under RERA Act.?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register