Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Consumer case against indian railways

Page no : 2

(Guest)
Originally posted by : hari_om

Honourable Friends,

On 9th May I had booked two Tatkal Railway ticket (from Bangalore City to H Nizamuddin) which at the time of Booking was under waiting 5 & 6.

Train departure time was 8:20 PM (on 10th May). As ticket was under tatkal waiting I was not sure whether it will get confirmed or not, hence I opted to wait for chart preparation which was prepared at 6:55 PM (I was checking online) on 10th May.

On chart preparation my tickets got confirmed, but due to delay in chart preparation I was left with 1 hour 15 minutes to reach Bangalore Railway station and Board the train. I quickly took a taxi and started for Railway station, but as this time is peak traffic time, I reached outside station at 8:20 PM and was not able to board train.

This all happened due to delay in chart preparation (was prepared only 1 hour 20 minutes before train departure time).

Now as ticket was booked under tatkal quota, as per rules I will not get any refund.

(On same train again I booked tatkal for next day with waiting as 3 & 4, which did not got confirmed, interestingly that day chart was prepared at 6: 20 PM that is 2 hours before train departure time, aginan I was not able to board train as ticket was not confirmed and as after chart preparation it was under waiting I got refund also for that)

After that I was not having any other option but to book air tickets (as 2 days were already wasted) I spent Rs. 33,524/- in air tickets.

Query: As all this chaos happened due to delay in chart preparation (I have to flush additional 35 to 40000 Rs) can I file a consumer case against Indian Railways if yes what is the process, if there is is any other way to proceed with please let me know.

Thank you.

Hari

Hari Om.

You could have booked in advance.

Tatkal putkal etc all are for late lateefs.  What they do is keep adding bogeys for late lateefs, you might get seat you might not get seat.

You finding fault in chart preparation?

You can file case in consumer court.  But again that is time consuming.

You asking for flight ticket money?

You will have to spend more money to run behind consumer court.  So decide for yourself.

What HH suggests to you is. 

Whenever you want to travel, book in advance, dont go for tatkal etc, all these are temporary arrangements.  Book in advance is more intelligent move.  Not roaming to court.

1 Like

Rupal_Singh   04 July 2017

If about issues in train, not satisfied on quality during journey, then I think one can do  complaint to the zonal railways office. I think the food/catering related issues are also under IRCTC but check their website for latest status.

irctc book tatkal ticket

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register