LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kunal   02 August 2016

Consequences of not following terms

Dear Friends,


My wife put forward some terms and conditions to withdraw the DV case she filed against me.


She wants to separate me from my parents and demanding a separate residence away from my parents.


What are the consequences if I did not follow the terms and conditions that she put forward? (This is because no law can ask me to live away from my parents or ignore them)








 10 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 August 2016

You are right.

Apply your own judgment.


Nitish Banka (lawyer)     02 August 2016

Fight dv then if settlement fails

Born Fighter (xxx)     02 August 2016

Marriage is for Life. Take a view objectively, r ur parents the reason for the clashes between you both ?? 

Whats the harm in taking a seperate house in same building or nearby parents place say for 6 months and see how things progress , if that is going to save ur marriage. U continue staying in touch with ur parents and care for them and ur wife should have no business to interfere in the same arrangement.


No you should not dump ur parents for wife, but u can work out some middle way if possible, to save the marriage & if you think that ur wife otherwise is good.


If u do not agree to her terms she will claim maintenance and seperate accomodation from you. Also may file 498a or divorce based on how shes influenced by her lawyer. You can then defend case on merits but will end up spending 3-6yrs in court if things turn nasty.




Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 August 2016

In other threads posted by you, you have discussed other cases.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 August 2016

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     04 August 2016

You would have to contest the cases. It is either complete surrender or complete fightback. Choose one and be at peace with yourself.




Shonee Kapoor


1 Like

Sachin Gulyani (Student)     05 August 2016

Good to see Shonee Sir Replying.


Dear Shoneeji,

I had a word with you on phone way back.  I just want to thank you for your valuable suggestion at that point of time.

Thank you once again.


Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     05 August 2016

enguage your lawyer kindly take this advise seriously

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 August 2016

It is your decision.

Prefer to proceed under expert advise of a very able counsel.



Bullseye   07 August 2016

court will never ask you to seperate your parents until any DV came to cognizance. and if she demands to live seperate in court she will not get maintanence under 125crpc and in DV.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register