LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj Verma   25 May 2020

Complete process of Legal registration of land

My grandfather had two sons . After the death of my grandfather. my uncle (my father's younger brother) is saying that I will not give you half part of land to your father then what should we do ? kindly tell the step by step process of land registration.


 5 Replies

Vishnu P Sopanam   25 May 2020

you can file a partition suit

KS Johal   25 May 2020

My honourable friend Vishnu is absolutely right.
In addition to this you will need to file an permanent injunction to stop anybody selling the land. This will stop any other party to sell the land until the matter is settled. I hope this helps.

In short you need to file for a petition of the land and a permanent injunction.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 May 2020

Whether your uncle has inherited or self-acquired the property left behind by your grandfather i.e., by way of any gift / sale or through any other document such as will etc. ??

What is the reason stated by your uncle to deny right of your father in their father's (your grand father's) property ?



G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 May 2020

Contact a local advocate, show all documents, revenue records and past history of possession and enjoyment etc., and first issue a notice seeking partition of the property.  Let him come out with his version and involve local relatives/friends for an amicable settlement.  Finally go for litigation as a last resort.

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 May 2020

What is the reason for your uncle to take such a stand? Had the grndfather made a Will or executed a gift or any other conveyance deed in his favour? If not, your father (together with the mother, if alive, and the children, sisters included) have a share in the property. In fact, such intestate property is jointly vested with them. If so, your father need to file  a suit for execution. All the procedures would be taken care by the court's procedure. However, the matter may take years to be completed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register