Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dharmender (None)     09 August 2012

Complaint against lawyer

I have hired a lawyer through someones reffeal to fight my case under sec 482 against 498a,406 and others filed by my wife in Allahabad High Court . My lawyer was from Chandigarh High Court. He took huge money and assured he would get the case quashed. He approached one of his friend in Allahabad High Court to fight the case. The documents and proofs were given by me to my lawyer to prove my innocence. the lawyerat allahabad didnot appear on DOH for several dates. He has not attached the documents with the case which I had given to my lawyer. I asked my lwayer to cross check. Both lawyers started playing blame game. Allahabad Lawyer said talk to your lawyer not me as you have padi him not me. Due to his absence in court the stay got vacated. Then he said go to Supreme Court. Nothing could be done.

I had written several emails to my lawyer about the conduct of Allahabad Lawyer. He had responded to one of them assuring the documents would be attached but nohing happened.

When neither of the lawyers have appeared on the court, whom should I complain to get my money back.


 3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     09 August 2012


First and foremost collect of your documents and filed copies from your and lawyer. And do not forget to obtain No Objection Certificate from the lawyer. Then only think about complaint to Bar Council of India by giving details of your lawyer.


You may complain to the Bar Council of Punjab & Haryana, albeit with a very little hope of success as complaints of professional indiscipline seldom result in disciplinary action being taken against lawyers. The money paid is gone. Contest the case on the merits now by engaging a new lawyer.


Moral:  A lawyer who outrightly assures you of success in your legal pursuit, more so in a matter as intricate as quashing, should be engaged after a lot of thoughtful consideration. 


P.S: Nothing stated above shall be taken to mean as attributing anything to a specific person.

surjit singh (Assistant)     10 August 2012

I think the complaint should be at the Bar Council of Uttar Pradesh at Allahabad because you have given the vakalatnama signed to the lawyer of Allahabd to fight your case, literally the lawyer at Chandigarh have  nothing to do with your case, and unless you show some documantary proof that the chandigarh lawyer endorsed you to Allahabad you cannot go against him. As regarding return of money if you have made payment through bank then only you can say the amount of your payment otherwise the other side will deny such payment made by you when your complaint is taken up by the Bar council.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query