LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Praveen   12 August 2020

Company threatening me for non availability of products

Can a Company Threaten me for sending mail that there is no Availability of Products and since i wrote to their Chairman and MD, THE GM of company threatens me and asks not to write mail and threatens me with Legal Action

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 August 2020

These tactics/threats are normal in private organizations.   You will learn more later on your experience.  There is nothing wrong with reporting facts to any higher official and in fact, it deserves appreciation as the employee has brought the attention of a superior on such status that may jeopardize the interest of the company in the future.  An employee is under obligation to the company and not an individual.  Whether such action contributes to the interest of the company or detrimental to the interest has to be decided by competent officials.  Absolutely there is no violation.  But, at the same time, when there is a hierarchy, surpassing immediate superior and directly intimating the highest official is not a good discipline in the organization.  It amounts to a complaint on his immediate superior and shows egoistic tendencies.

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 August 2020

Facts posted suggest that the threats are verbal and hence empty. Please ignore them and learn to take them in the stride.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register