LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Common servants toilet construction on each floor inspite of having toilets inside each house

My building had common toilets constructed during the original plan, these were later used as godowns as we already have private toilets in each flat. Now they are renovating these for use by servants, watchman, maids and one of them is adjacent to my flat, it is creating a mess with foul stench. Is this illegal as even though it is outside my ownership flat, it is still creating inconvenience for me?

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     21 January 2022

Apply for a copy of sanctioned/approved plan, whether it is a common area and who was paying maintenance for those toilers, who paid for such space etc.  If it is a society's first issue notice to the president to close such toilets as there is no such practice of having common public toilets in a residential apartment in each floor.

Aryan Raj   21 January 2022

In response to your query,

Although it is recommended that you try to resolve any issues with your neighbor or through mediation first, your local council has an obligation to investigate noise from a construction project if it is regarded to be harmful to health or a nuisance, which is known as a statutory nuisance.
Use of the residential spaces for making common public toilets is not allowed. Thus you can file a complaint to the society's authorities as well to remove these common facilities as the maintenance charges of these extra facilities may actually fall on the residents which are totally unfair. If there is no response from them then you move forward with the legal proceedings.

Regards,

Aryan Raj

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register